• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Xs825 belt break in

9200 k on my sled, 9000 k with xs 825, tried a 8dn belt for a 200 k ish ride but went back to the xs belt, 240 tune 24/50 gears with plenty of full throttle pulls, must be lucky but haven’t blown the belt yet.
when you tuned your sled did you change the primary clutch weights , or anything besides changing to 24/50 gears ?

I figure that if I tune to the 240 SS and change to the XS 825 belt , my revs should stay the same ?
Has anyone tried this ?

when you tuned your sled did you change the primary clutch weights , or anything besides changing to 24/50 gears ?

I figure that if I tune to the 240 SS and change to the XS 825 belt , my revs should stay the same ?
Has anyone tried this ?

I've responded about this before where you asked. I do this all the time on the standard Hurricane 2 bar 240 tune when guys don't want to get too deep into it yes, Cats and Yamahas, just swap to the Ultimax XS belt. Right about 8800-9000 RPM depending on setups and temps. 3 bar SS isn't going to be any different for clutching. In the cold the RPMS are higher, in the warm temps they are lower, same as any stock sled or sled with a tune. If you want adjustability, get Dalton weights so they can be adjusted.

Is the xs825 the right length for maximum shift out?

I find the XS gives up a little top speed ..... 2-3 mph compared to the 8jp, but opinions vary.

Last edited:
9200 k on my sled, 9000 k with xs 825, tried a 8dn belt for a 200 k ish ride but went back to the xs belt, 240 tune 24/50 gears with plenty of full throttle pulls, must be lucky but haven’t blown the belt yet.

I think you are doing something right, as 9000km on a belt with a winder is the best I've ever seen.

Would you mind sharing your setup?

Please define full throttle pull? Is this 1 mile WOT back to back 5 times in a row? Do you hold it till you see 140 on the speedo then let go?

Has anyone tried this ?
We all have different opinions and found different results, me and my buddy both did the 240ss tune at same time, I added the qay-70, he ran stock weights and was over reving. Both sleds with xs belt. I personally think if you run the xs belt the qay-70 is a bit heavy, somewhere around the 68 grams would be perfect and you can always add weight if needed but again that’s my opinion and findings.

We all have different opinions and found different results, me and my buddy both did the 240ss tune at same time, I added the qay-70, he ran stock weights and was over reving. Both sleds with xs belt. I personally think if you run the xs belt the qay-70 is a bit heavy, somewhere around the 68 grams would be perfect and you can always add weight if needed but again that’s my opinion and findings.
How much were you under reving ?
How much was he over reving ?

Hi,
Are you running yellow green yellow in your primary?
I did for 11k miles on my 2017 and some on the 2022. I run the Yellow/white/yellow now.. Very close in specs.. Only diff is a very slight higher engagement.. With 911 cover it engages @ 3400.. The yellow/green/yellow was 3200-3300.. Only difference.. I find both of these springs work very well.

I think you are doing something right, as 9000km on a belt with a winder is the best I've ever seen.

Would you mind sharing your setup?

Please define full throttle pull? Is this 1 mile WOT back to back 5 times in a row? Do you hold it till you see 140 on the speedo then let go?
Fleecer I don’t think I’m doing anything different then what some of you guys are doing, being that I have 24/50 gears I don’t see the higher speeds like you guys are seeing, but on the trails I get to 110 ish very quick. Most I’ve seen was 115 few weeks back crossing a 15 km lake, full throttle for some very long stretch’s, just came back from northern Quebec, high speed high km days, hard acceleration corner to corner 300-400 km days, that’s what I meant about full throttle pulls, we ride at a quick pace and the 24/50 just makes it that much more fun.

Dalton black/red primary spring, tried this spring after first year and liked it so I ended up leaving it in as it lowers engagement rpm a bit. Started with Dalton black orange and found 6/3 and 6/2 were to much with the xs belt, settled with it wrapped at 6/1. Dalton qay-70 which mine weighed in at 72, ground them down to 69 and I’m running them empty which brings my rpm to 8900. Last 3000k or so I’ve switched to a Yamaha white secondary spring that a Ty member recommended me to try and I’m liking it so far. Again this is just my findings and maybe just lucky that I’m still on original belt but I would think the way we ride if I had clutch issues I would of blown a belt by now.

How much were you under reving ?
How much was he over reving ?
Not by much, I think around 8650-8700 range but my weight on the qay-70 were actually a tad over 72 grams on two different scales so I ground them down till I seen the rpm reach 8900, Ty member on here told me that trick to grind the weights.

I think with stock weights he was reving around 9300-9350.

I personally think you can’t add the 240 tune and keep the stock weights.

Fleecer I don’t think I’m doing anything different then what some of you guys are doing, being that I have 24/50 gears I don’t see the higher speeds like you guys are seeing, but on the trails I get to 110 ish very quick. Most I’ve seen was 115 few weeks back crossing a 15 km lake, full throttle for some very long stretch’s, just came back from northern Quebec, high speed high km days, hard acceleration corner to corner 300-400 km days, that’s what I meant about full throttle pulls, we ride at a quick pace and the 24/50 just makes it that much more fun.

Dalton black/red primary spring, tried this spring after first year and liked it so I ended up leaving it in as it lowers engagement rpm a bit. Started with Dalton black orange and found 6/3 and 6/2 were to much with the xs belt, settled with it wrapped at 6/1. Dalton qay-70 which mine weighed in at 72, ground them down to 69 and I’m running them empty which brings my rpm to 8900. Last 3000k or so I’ve switched to a Yamaha white secondary spring that a Ty member recommended me to try and I’m liking it so far. Again this is just my findings and maybe just lucky that I’m still on original belt but I would think the way we ride if I had clutch issues I would of blown a belt by now.

Thanks for sharing, as I think many can benefit from the detailed answer.

I loved that white spring in the apexes, but found it too short and not enough compression for the winder. Glad you can make it work, as it appears you've got your sled dialed in!!

Not by much, I think around 8650-8700 range but my weight on the qay-70 were actually a tad over 72 grams on two different scales so I ground them down till I seen the rpm reach 8900, Ty member on here told me that trick to grind the weights.

I think with stock weights he was reving around 9300-9350.

I personally think you can’t add the 240 tune and keep the stock weights.

I've done it using stock weights on many sleds, both Cat and Yamaha. 9300-9350 is not the norm using The XS belt on the 240 tune. Its possible there has been some alterations done on the stock setup perhaps. One can adjusts springs, helix and also the rivets on the stock arms and add washers on the stock arm rivets as well. One can also weld a washer onto the rivets and pretty much get whatever adjustment you want to make it work. You can totally keep the stock weights and get what you need by juggling things like this. The stock arms are adjustable if you get creative.

I've done it using stock weights on many sleds, both Cat and Yamaha. 9300-9350 is not the norm using The XS belt on the 240 tune. Its possible there has been some alterations done on the stock setup perhaps. One can adjusts springs, helix and also the rivets on the stock arms and add washers on the stock arm rivets as well. One can also weld a washer onto the rivets and pretty much get whatever adjustment you want to make it work. You can totally keep the stock weights and get what you need by juggling things like this. The stock arms are adjustable if you get creative.
Yes all true, my mistake, what I meant to say was leaving the stock weights stock without adding additional weight.
I know for sure he was in that rpm range with the 240 tune xs belt and stock weights.

I've done it using stock weights on many sleds, both Cat and Yamaha. 9300-9350 is not the norm using The XS belt on the 240 tune. Its possible there has been some alterations done on the stock setup perhaps. One can adjusts springs, helix and also the rivets on the stock arms and add washers on the stock arm rivets as well. One can also weld a washer onto the rivets and pretty much get whatever adjustment you want to make it work. You can totally keep the stock weights and get what you need by juggling things like this. The stock arms are adjustable if you ge
disregard .
The heavy rain is affecting my brain !!!

Last edited:
Stock 17 arms loaded, 35/39 Dalton, Thunder orange @ 50 and Yamaha YSY spring in the primary for my Powertrail 250 hp stock muffler tune. Works great with the xs825. 3 years now 8800-9000 depending on conditions and temp.

Back