• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Phazer GT

gobigparts

Website
www.gobigparts.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Polaris ProRMK 155
I found a 2012 Phazer GT for my son. He thinks he wants a 4 stroke for burning less carbons and smoke. I know, I don't know where he gets it. He is 140lbs 23 years old. He is thin but works out a lot. He has been riding since old enough to walk but is not a speed demon. This sled has just under $5000 miles and been extended to 137" x 1.5" ski-doo track and dual carbide. I can pick it up for $3k. Is this a decent buy and good sled for my son? I have tried out a phazer before and found it a fun sled.

I found a 2012 Phazer GT for my son. He thinks he wants a 4 stroke for burning less carbons and smoke. I know, I don't know where he gets it. He is 140lbs 23 years old. He is thin but works out a lot. He has been riding since old enough to walk but is not a speed demon. This sled has just under $5000 miles and been extended to 137" x 1.5" ski-doo track and dual carbide. I can pick it up for $3k. Is this a decent buy and good sled for my son? I have tried out a phazer before and found it a fun sled.
It’s an awesome sled. It’s not super fast but it’s quick and just a blast to beat around on.

That seems like a really fair price for a later model unit. That 1.5" track will really make it a good time. I had one on mine, back in the day and it transformed it.

As far as emissions, that was a selling point in the early 2000's, but modern two strokes have caught up on emissions. The smell will never go away though.

Well we ended up buying it. Fired right up cold start. Had some nice extras on it and came with the old track as well.
PXL_20231215_162500962.jpeg

That’s a great buy. My daughter loved that windshield too. He’s gonna dig it.

My only issues were the oil changes. But it got easier the more I did it. Over 4500 miles before we sold it.

Enjoy!

Yamaha oil change kit annually in the spring. That and the chaincase oil. Lube the skid and check the slides.

There is an actual anti slop kit that includes all the bushings in the steering.

x2. usually annually is good enough. the one in my sig is at about 12000 mi and still going. great fun on our local trails but when out on a big ride it can be a bit short legged.

x2. usually annually is good enough. the one in my sig is at about 12000 mi and still going. great fun on our local trails but when out on a big ride it can be a bit short legged.
When you say short legged what are we talking 65mph toped out? I have ridden one before and I remember the top end isn't what I was used to. I am not a big top end guy anymore now that I have long deep lug tracks.

mine started life as an rtx, so it was geared lower to keep it torqy in the trails. with a long enough stretch, it would hit 75 mph (120 kph) indicated in stock form with the 1" lug track. in its current xtx form with the 1.5" lug 144" track and gearing, it can hold an honest 65-70mph on good trail. the gt sleds typically would crack 80 mph in good conditions stock trail riding. you should get between 70-80 mph out of it when you need to.

i said a bit short legged as we run on a lot of lakes around here and i tend to the long sweeping trails when i can. usually running with power valved tripples and 4 holer 4 strokes that just run away from me on the lakes. i usually get to ride it as i am a more active rider than most that ride with me so it stays on the trails better and keeps the pace up.

mine started life as an rtx, so it was geared lower to keep it torqy in the trails. with a long enough stretch, it would hit 75 mph (120 kph) indicated in stock form with the 1" lug track. in its current xtx form with the 1.5" lug 144" track and gearing, it can hold an honest 65-70mph on good trail. the gt sleds typically would crack 80 mph in good conditions stock trail riding. you should get between 70-80 mph out of it when you need to.

i said a bit short legged as we run on a lot of lakes around here and i tend to the long sweeping trails when i can. usually running with power valved tripples and 4 holer 4 strokes that just run away from me on the lakes. i usually get to ride it as i am a more active rider than most that ride with me so it stays on the trails better and keeps the pace up.
I'm sure that will be as fast as he will want to go. Now my othere son says the faster the better.

Whats the best oil and filter changer interval? Probably need to do steering bushings/bearings eventually. Is it mainly up by the rack?
Here’s a kit to help with the steering slop.

Attachments

• IMG_6733.png
    IMG_6733.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 31

Back