• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Rage rear exchanger and studs

Is there any stock protector? My 05 had protectors, but they needed to be cut to install the exchanger.

I've seen some lay strips of used hyfax over the top of the exchanger to protect it a bit. Have you searched on this forum at all?

stevenknapp said:
Is there any stock protector? My 05 had protectors, but they needed to be cut to install the exchanger.

I've seen some lay strips of used hyfax over the top of the exchanger to protect it a bit. Have you searched on this forum at all?

The rear heat exchanger is stock on the 2006 Rage and it does have stock protectors. Basically the stock tunnel protectors have been extended to cover the rear exchanger.

Last year I used 5/8 to 3/4" thick hifax to fabricate protectors for my Warrior after I installed the rear cooler. But found out that 3/4" is not enough as studs hit the fins on a few occasions. What happens is that on hard bottoming the rip saw lugs flex over allowing stud contact with the cooler. This year I installed 1" sqaure aluminum tubing, hopefully that is enough.

Redliner : You could rivet a 1/4" thick plastic or aluminum strip to the stock protector to give more protection.

Back