• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 RTX facelift

tapex_07

TY 4 Stroke Master
The tip of the largest freshwater lake, MN
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'10 Nytro MTX SE IMPULSE 174x3
'14 Viper XTX SE MPI 159x14x1.25
'07 Apex RTX SC2 MPI 128x1
I bought this sled about a month ago now. It has 1500 miles and was stock with the exception of a tow hitch, tall windy and sides, and a new 1.5" Ripsaw. So far I have added: new 6" carbides, 1.625 Woody's, took all the yellow off, ArticFX graphix, cleaned the tunnel up, real hand guards that don't break, and Yamaheaters! Let me know what you think :4STroke:

Basically just got it home..
IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

No more factory graphics..
IMAG0188.jpg

In process of reassembly..
IMAG0199.jpg

Complete for now..
IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

did you add anything on the front heat exchanger protectors ? 1.625 Woody's are a little long , 1.45 nick the exchanger if the track loosens up a bit. also longer studs tend to hit the header pipe also . I`d keep on eye on them , let us know if they work out . looks good

gmfamily2008 said:
did you add anything on the front heat exchanger protectors ? 1.625 Woody's are a little long , 1.45 nick the exchanger if the track loosens up a bit. also longer studs tend to hit the header pipe also . I`d keep on eye on them , let us know if they work out . looks good

I agree, playing with fire

gmfamily2008 said:

I measured the track and studs, lug from the top of the track surface is 1-3/8" and the stud is 1-3/4", I thought they were 1.625". :die
Stock tunnel protectors and I just ran on the ice last weekend, 106mph, and no nicks or tears in anything inside the tunnel area.

Back