• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Vector - Oil level float fell off

HatchetJack

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RS Venture
Hello, my oil level float fell of the disptick in my 2008 Vector (round oil tank style). I couldn't get the float out of the tank, so I left it in there. I had a dipstick left over from an 06 vector (squarish oil tank style), however the oil tanks are different shape.

Does anyone know if the 2006 dipstick will show the right level of oil for a 2008?

Part numbers are different, so I assume not.

Has anyone ever pulled a float off a working 2006 dipstick and glued the float to a 2008 dipstick (the rods on the dipstick). Will it still work? I'm not sure how the connection is made to signal the oil light.

Personally......I would remove the tank and get the float out. I don't know if the float could cut off oil flow somehow, but why chance it? If the Yami p/n is different, then the float is likely different. Get a used replacement from barnofparts.com

Back