• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 vector ?

deerhunter1

Extreme
I have a 2005 vector that I bought last year havent put many miles because of bad stator last year and bad snow this year anyway when I go to start I always feel a clunck like somthing is taking up back lash I checked the chain case tention and it was ok I have reverse do they all do this or just mine . Thanks for the help
STEVE

OK..Lets start with the chain adjustment first....... Loosen the 15mm jam nut on the adjuster sticking out of the chain case.... Finger tighten the bolt.. Then retighten the 15mm jam nut... This will at least give you a good starting point... Some clunking noise is normal to begin with.. Reverse models are more prone to this... Good luck, MM.

I would loosen the adjuster first, then finger tighten, then re-tighen the jam nut. I agree with MadMax, some clunking is normal.

Normal when you're not used to it. Feels different than a two stroke and you learn to work the throttle at low speeds to avoid it.

Back