• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Vector GT- for the wife

wigyami

Veteran
Hello all,

I am Picking up a 08 Vector GT for the wife. Just wanted to hear good or bad if any on this sled from sledders that own one.

Happy trails

I love mine so far. I picked it up at the end of February and put about 1000 mi. on it for the rest of the season. great power very smooth and excellent on fuel, the last trip I recorded 24 mpg riding at typical trail speeds 35-60mph. :yam:

My wife loves hers. She came off 03 Z570.

* Liked ride from mono shock.
* Liked power level compared to my Attak
* Liked rider forward position

* Disliked stock wind protection (Solved with Skins hand guards)
* She will be upgrade skis for handling and style (Slydog's)

Great sled .
What is she coming off of?
Wind protection might be the only concern, but as others have stated you can fix that with a different windy.
Not sure ,but the hand warmers might not be warm enough below 10F.
if you are new to Yam. research "how to shim skis".
The whole sled works great with the 120 HP in the DBII chassis.Put 2000miles on this season,no problems.
Check all bearings after your 1st 1500 miles.

I got one for my wife (LTX GT), studded it ,put skins handguards on and duallies with shims up front. She loves it.
She came off an 05 Vector that she really liked, however the rider forward has really won her over and is less tiring for the smaller riders.
My only problem now is slowing her down!!

Back