• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 RS Venture GT issues

bottomline

I now have the break in period complete and have noticed a couple of notable problems. Track noise is exesssive and after 300 miles the slides are half worn. I have reduced the track tension less than suggested in the manual. My previous sled had 9000 with the same slides and my riding profile hasn't changed. This my first Yahama and I am happy with everything else.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

I got 5000 kms out of my sliders on my 09 Venture , I could have went more but I just changed them at the beginig of the season to save the hassle , 300 ks does not sound right , I also keep my track looser than Yammy says , they are also way off on the suspension settings ,

I find the slides, on my 07 anyways, and my 2010 seems to be doing the same thing, wear down quickly at first then stay there for a few miles.Got 3000 miles out of my first set on the 07 under mostly minimal snow conditions. And yes keep the the track on the loose side.

The track howl gets better as things loosen up and only annoys me on really hard trails at abt 30-35 mph

As far as the track noise my buddies that are running the new Ski Doos with the 600 etecs. The motors are quiet and they are complaining about the track noise. They are renegades with Camoplast tracks. We have all come to the conclusion that all the late model sleds are now getting very quiet from the engine compartment and so now the track noise is more noticable.
If my ears get plugged with elevation change and I don't swallow the track noise gets blocked out and the engine sound is more noticable.
Going to try ear plugs. The track noise does not bother me...nature of the beast.

new low noise tracks ,single ply , for 4 strokes and leave track looser than yam and get some ice scratchers cause most yams have that problem of quick wear ,

I had the quick wear of the sliders initially but have been fine since the first 50 or so miles.

I'm going to install the graphite sliders when I go in for the 500 mile service. They are cheap.

I also have the track set very loose. Probabley close to 3 inches deflection flying by the seat of my pants (sled tipped on it's side and give the track a push down. Spin the track and push again. Average about 3 or a titch more space between the skid and the track.) as I don't have the compression tool to check it.

This worked well on my 01 Ski Doo Grand Touring. Got over 3000miles out of the first set of sliders.

Let us know how the graphite slides work for you. I got thousands of miles out of my factory hyfax and tried a pair of graphites. Within 100 miles they were toast and wearing into the rails!!! Had to make an emergency trip for a new pair of original type and they've been wearing good since. I have not changed any adjustments, including track tension. Never again.

forget graphite more slippery with snow but burn faster without . try white ones supposed to be a little better because of less molocule seperation from added color

I do it all wrong according to Yamaha, but my hyfax last a long time and my sled has less rolling resistance. I loosen it till it just starts to ratchet then I tighten it a turn. The factory likes it nice and tight.

Back