• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Apex XTX saddlebags ???

I've had 2 sets of Yamaha's premium saddlebags & both ripped after only a few trips. Yamaha has discontinued these (good idea ya think?) but they have not yet replaced them with another substitute in their accessories.

Any ideas out there?

I only do long distance saddlebag riding in Quebec & need something very durable, easy to attach & detach daily.

Help...........

Tom

Several of us ride Apexes in Quebec and use the Yamaha bags with the side and seat top pockets. I have reinforced all strap connection to the bags and I use Skidoo "cleat" hardware which makes installation and removal far superior to attaching the bags with Yamaha supplied attachment methods.

i also use that same deluxe gray/black bags with the map pocket on the top without any issues at all. i have a u-bolt placed in between the exhaust(below the rear light) and i run my rear strap thru there attaching one side to the other to keep the bags from moving( which also prevents exhaust from melting the straps) along with the front straps on the tunnel. I've used these bags without any extra reinforcement for 3 years with no issues. I also make sure I do not over load or over pack the bags with all kinds of unnecessary items like some do. I use a layering system (base and med) when i ride so all i need is a light change of clothing when i get to our destination.

Several of us ride Apexes in Quebec and use the Yamaha bags with the side and seat top pockets. I have reinforced all strap connection to the bags and I use Skidoo "cleat" hardware which makes installation and removal far superior to attaching the bags with Yamaha supplied attachment methods.

Any more info on this hardware? It would be nice to easily switch my bag between my apex and vector without having to thread the straps through the attachments. Quick attachment would be nice.

Back