• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 XF9000 Cross Country (Differences)

HydrogenCyanide

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Nytro
2006 Yamaha Apex
Found a very good deal on an extremely low km 2018 Artic Cat XF9000. Machine has less than 1000 miles on it and is currently owned by someone I know meticulously maintains their stuff. I see the main difference between this and a sidewinder is the QS3 shocks which I believe is a good thing and the 1.75 lug track. I mostly ride trails but do go on lakes a lot and a very small amount of off trail.

Is this track going to be an issue for me? As you can see by the picture it is also studded. Part me says I should hold out for a winder but this is just too good of a deal to pass up. I currently have a 2014 Yamaha Viper and an 2016 Artic Cat 7000 LXR. I find it odd that it does not have outer rear wheels but I guess that is how they come.

Any other mods I should consider? Is there a way to make this thing easily lift ski's or is the front end just too heavy? What are your opinions on this sled compared to a regular sidewinder or Thundercat? Will this be snappier due to gearing but lose some top end? What are the main differences I should expect?

Attachments

• XF9000 Sled Pic.jpg
    XF9000 Sled Pic.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 57
  • XF9000 track pic.jpg
    XF9000 track pic.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 58

I have a cross country and I love it. The 1.75 track is fine for trails and very durable. It has the same shocks as sidewinders or Thundercats. The taller mountain seat is much more comfortable. The gear is 22/48 vs 24/50 so a top speed of around 109 mph but is snappy as hell getting there. I swapped out to 24/50 gears myself but didnt hate the original gears (I am also tuned). Never noticed a fuel mileage difference either. I see you're Ontario, if its around $10k I would say its a good deal. Prices are coming down everywhere, I cant sell mine! lol

Clutching and gearing is the difference between the yamaha 137 xtx in the same year. Coupled rear skid.
My 1.75 track started to throw lugs around 7000-8000 miles trail riding in the lake effect areas of the UP.

I owned the Yamaha version of this sled and it was great. 1.75" track provides great traction on and off trail. Removing the coupler blocks helps a ton with transfer. Ride was great with the QS3's. I added the mountain seat to mine and preferred it over the trail seat.

Back