• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

660' drag tonight

Blue Oval

Expert
Website
snyderpools.com
Hey All! I'm heading out to a local lake tonight to do some informal racing against some buddies and others that I don't know. The strip will not be plowed just as it is, roughly loose snow , should be down to glare ice at least at the start line. I need some quick advice as to how to set the RTX for a quck holeshot and burst through the 660'. I did take off my ski savers and set the control rods to max transfer and lowered the front to 45 psi. Without the means of doing any clutching right now any tips or hints? This is an annual event that the local Wyman Pond racing club puts on each Feb. I'd really like to do well. Thanks, Doug

Just got back in from the festivities. Actually I did real well, I set the transfer to full max and got an incredible holeshot most all night. It really depended who hooked up better but there were some fast machines there. Maybe twelve sleds in all , from Ski Doo 500's up to 05 Mach Z. My Outdoors on his 06 RTX and a buddy on his 05 Mach Z and I were the multiple winners for the night. The last race was me against the Mach and I snuck out a win crossing the cone by a ski loop or so. I like the gear setup for the 07 so I'm keeping it and will look around for a clutch kit this summer. Personally I like the out of the hole and corner to corner snot this sled has as opposed to having more up top. :yam:

I second that. 112 gps on snow is fast enough for me. Can't wait to do some drag racing as well.

Hey how did you do against the 06 rtx and is he still running the 24 top.

Mikecam said:
I second that. 112 gps on snow is fast enough for me. Can't wait to do some drag racing as well.

Hey how did you do against the 06 rtx and is he still running the 24 top.
Never had my RTX on GPS yet, but My Outdoors has one on his 06. He has the 23 T , Ulmer Stage II and 168 studs. Like I said we were real close but I do weigh about 40-50 lbs less than him. I'll tell you what we had both machines reaching up towards the stars last night :Rockon: Those front ends wanted up all night!!! I'm very impressed with my 07, but will still search out the correct clutch kit for ME! :yam:

Good times last night Doug! Congrats. I still can't get over the look on your face when you wacked the throttle for the 1st time in Big Bay and stood it straight up! LOL. I told you the 22 gear would take the Mach in the 660'.

MyOutdoors said:
Good times last night Doug! Congrats. I still can't get over the look on your face when you wacked the throttle for the 1st time in Big Bay and stood it straight up! LOL. I told you the 22 gear would take the Mach in the 660'.
Thanks Craig, it was a good night!! You still are this area's 4 stroke guru. Lets give it up for my driver for sweeping the series at California this weekend! :Rockon: Way to go # 17

Now I just have to get off the "all you see you eat" diet for next years outing!

viperyder said:
wow,sounds like alot of work ....
thanks big cooling difference on the slide wear?
Took maybe 20 minutes to do, but seriously haven't noticed if they helped lessen the wear. I am on my 2nd set of Hyfax's and if nothing the holes were the perfect size to get them out!!

Back