• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

a few rumors...

japex

Extreme
wondering if anyone else has herd this, its derby w.e. by me so lots going around but was told that arctic cat is trying to sell to suzuki rite now?

mite tie together with this

herd that yamaha and maybe polaris are the only manufacturer rite now that will be able to meet upcoming emission standards in 2012.

mite explain relaibility issues with cats and doos rite now. tuff to address those problems when you dont even have a motor for the '12 season. seams like they both have put out a lot of new motors lately, they just keep trying and trying.
curious to hear others' ideas.

I would think that Yamaha & Ski Doo would pretty much have everything wraped up in the emissions dept. I think Polaris and especially Cat curently have an EPA problem for 2012. But, Polaris and Cat are making money while Ski Doo is bleeding and has received $30 Million from the Canadian Finance Ministery to keep it going. By the way, the Bombardier family owns 35% of BRP while Mitt Romney owns 50% of BRP. I don't think Yamaha has ever turned a dollar in the snowmobile business. 05 Vector ER

japex said:
wondering if anyone else has herd this, its derby w.e. by me so lots going around but was told that arctic cat is trying to sell to suzuki rite now?

mite tie together with this

herd that yamaha and maybe polaris are the only manufacturer rite now that will be able to meet upcoming emission standards in 2012.

mite explain relaibility issues with cats and doos rite now. tuff to address those problems when you dont even have a motor for the '12 season. seams like they both have put out a lot of new motors lately, they just keep trying and trying.
curious to hear others' ideas.

What reliability with Cats? The 2 stroke DOO's have some, but their 4 stroke is bullet proof.

just from today on arctic chat

t660 bad on fuel and lazy
o7 z1 wont start
reverse problem
t660 blow up
z1 leaking gear lube all also read that gauges fog up and cant be seen headlights fog and night vision is diminished
fuel gauge doesnt work says empty rite after half tank and nobody ever knows how much fuel they have
also read about dartin squirrely rear ends, apparently it has engine breaking too.

these were just posted today
this is the only info i'm going off really.
and a buddy has a 800r that is in the shop more than the snow.in all cases the dealer told them, 'yep that happens to them all'.

I don't know much about the cats, but my buddy has a 06 700 Crossfire about 7500kms and it has been flawless. It's due for new pistons and rings, but it has been a great sled..He has been lucky with this one, really hard on gas...

I rode with a guy 3 weeks ago that bought and f8 sno pro 800, he didnt even have 100 miles on the damn thing and it caught on fire, the new 800 ho pipe is so close the the steering shaft that the rubber boot on the shaft catches on fire. now there is an updated on from cat, this should have been preety obvious when building the sled. IMO

leepster said:
I rode with a guy 3 weeks ago that bought and f8 sno pro 800, he didnt even have 100 miles on the damn thing and it caught on fire, the new 800 ho pipe is so close the the steering shaft that the rubber boot on the shaft catches on fire. now there is an updated on from cat, this should have been preety obvious when building the sled. IMO
Are you sure it wasn't a Fire Cat?

fireman1069 said:
leepster said:
Are you sure it wasn't a Fire Cat?

rimshot.gif

I see what you did there.

kyzer said:
I don't know much about the cats, but my buddy has a 06 700 Crossfire about 7500kms and it has been flawless. It's due for new pistons and rings, but it has been a great sled..He has been lucky with this one, really hard on gas...
that's the amount of km i ride every season,that means i would need a motor job every year,i dont think so,i'm sticking with yammi,its barely broken in at 7500 km

i don't know how Polaris stays in business with all the crap they make. glad i do not own any of that junk. wont be long and 2 strokes will be a thing of the past. wont be much longer an Harley will have to put a water cooled motor in everything or be out of business too. i had cats back in the 80's and they were a damn good sled. not sure what they are like now cause i wont buy anything but Yamaha!! they maybe slower and a little bulky but then run forever!!! :4STroke:

japex said:
just from today on arctic chat

t660 bad on fuel and lazy
o7 z1 wont start
reverse problem
t660 blow up
z1 leaking gear lube all also read that gauges fog up and cant be seen headlights fog and night vision is diminished
fuel gauge doesnt work says empty rite after half tank and nobody ever knows how much fuel they have
also read about dartin squirrely rear ends, apparently it has engine breaking too.

On the Yamaha site.

Apex wont start
Apex backfiring
RX backfiring
Nytro bolt falling out of spindle
RX no lights on dash and no instruments
Hand thumb warmers suck
Phazer code failures
Phazer tunnel ice buildup
Mono cables ripped off
Junk idler wheels
Blown motors
Bad hyfax wear
cracked rails
no reverse

I'm going to quit now because its pointless. They all have issues! If you go through the TY site and based your thoughts of a Yamaha sled on the problems found you would have to say that they are the most unreliable sled out there.

Yet most never had any of the problems listed.

As far as Doo and Cat meeting 2012 emissions because they don't have a motor. I'm not worried, they both will be there in 2012.

Back