• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any Leftover Apex GT's in Ontario?

It was just a few years ago that it was cheaper for us yanks to buy in Canada. Doesn't the saying go something like this; "What Comes Around Goes Around"??

Sledfreak, I would be double checking with the warranty laws...my friend imports vehicles..you have warranty no matter what..and rec vehicles have no duty, except GST, and it's that easy to bring them across the border...cars are another story...

I've done my Homework and Yamaha Canada and Yamaha USA are two distinct companies and Yamaha Canada will not warranty a sled that was purchased from the U.S. and imported into Canada even though they all come from Japan. They say it is too protect their dealers.... Whatever..... Not a big deal to me since my U.S. dealer is not far from me.

sledfreak, that is what they say, but that is not the law

Possibly, but those are the rules that Yamaha posses on us.

Used sleds are full warranty even if bought in U.S. not new sleds bought in U.S., I have done it on used sleds many times.

Used GTs going for $8600 U.S. which is about $9700 Canadian and includes hundreds in options/upgrades. Hell Canadian dealers want that for a used 04/05.

Done this over 10 times. Buy U.S. sell in Canada.

Well, that just superceeds everything that I have been told and my info has came from a few Regional sales Managers.

Example, I bought an 03 Firecat in Michigan which was 8 months old. Took to Canadian Cat dealer checked computer, added me as owner, checked for all updates not done plus warranty repairs , all free.

The trick Canadian dealers would do when our dollar was low was sell the sled to a third party who sells to the Yank which meets usd criteria and meets Warranty requirements.

New sleds are a problem on warranty but used sleds are merely a change of ownership on previously registered sleds.

Jim

I have done it with Cat and DOO, but Yamaha seems to be different on this matter..... I don't want to hyjack this post anymore. The bottom line is he will have warranty.

I have a RTX used with 1500 miles on it ,in Ottawa if interested please reply

Back