• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone hear bout replacement susp. wheels?

p0wd3rp1l0t

VIP Member
talked to dealer today and since im going to install studs down the center, i asked if i should throw some rubber wheels in instead of the plastic p.o.s thats in there right now. he told me to wait and see if there was a service bulletin..anybody else hear this?

My dealer's service manager just got back from the Yamaha school and told me what has been posted on this site. Basically, if it is broke Yamaha will fix it for free. If it is damaged from normal wear and tear, you pay for it. The wheels are considered normal wear and tear right now.

I am in the process of replacing my stock wheels with rubberized 5mm oversize wheels. Supposed to be a smoother ride and reduce excessive hyfax wear.

As of last week I am told there is no bulletin for the wheels so we are on our own to replace them

Rubberized wheels on backorder... ALREADY!

P/N 8ES-47310-50-00 for the inners
P/N 8ES-47310-40-00 for the outers

List price is around $40 each!

Here's a better solution: Yammie is offering an accessory replacement this year called a Spoked Plastic Bogey Idler Wheel with the 6005 bearing.

SMA-8FP38-01-RD (or -BL, SL, YL) for $21.95 each

Get two accessory replacements for the price of one original. PLUS, these accessory wheels have replaceable bearings while the originals do not.

It's an easy decision based on price & availability...

Yamaha should be shot for the 2005 idler wheels!

I put rubber wheels on mine last year and the studs took all the rubber off and no I did not have any high studs on the back side. I put the rubber wheels on because the plastic wheels wore uneven from the studs. When you stud yours, try and miss the line of those inside wheels.

I a rage last year that had alot of accesories already installed including red idler wheels. Now are these the same pos ones as the stock idlers? I have had little to no wear on mine at 900 miles last season and have 120 studs. :4STroke:

garserio said:
Rubberized wheels on backorder... ALREADY!

P/N 8ES-47310-50-00 for the inners
P/N 8ES-47310-40-00 for the outers

List price is around $40 each!

Here's a better solution: Yammie is offering an accessory replacement this year called a Spoked Plastic Bogey Idler Wheel with the 6005 bearing.

SMA-8FP38-01-RD (or -BL, SL, YL) for $21.95 each

Get two accessory replacements for the price of one original. PLUS, these accessory wheels have replaceable bearings while the originals do not.

It's an easy decision based on price & availability...

Yamaha should be shot for the 2005 idler wheels!

Thanks for the information! My sled's done at the dealer, getting the clutch and ignition bulletins done, but they said that they could not do anything about the worn plastic wheels under warranty. He said all of them there look like that. I really want to try rubberized wheels, but folks like Vector1 say that they came apart rolling over the studs. I'm kind of curious, as my other sleds had rubberized wheels and studs with no issues.

Back