• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex GT exhaust backfire

YammieMan

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha RX1
So I noticed a backfire the other day on my 2006 apex. I would say it's probably like 5 times in a 100-mile trip. I'm guessing it's time to replace the exhaust gaskets. I've heard copper is the way to go... Any other suggestions to improve this typical problem on these sleds? Is there a permanent fix? And how long does it take to do this project? Any tips or tricks? Also, what else should I do when I'm going in this deep? I was hoping to wait till snow was gone to tackle this project. Thanks all!

Get the copper. Last a long time. I put in an extra brace to the tunnel just before the Y in the pipe. Keeps the flexing of the joint down a bit.

Get the copper. Last a long time. I put in an extra brace to the tunnel just before the Y in the pipe. Keeps the flexing of the joint down a bit.
Thanks for the tip

Is there any link or video on how exactly to do this? How much time does a guy need to do this repair?

and while you are in there check the tunnel to bulkhead rivits under the fuel tank as they are known to come loose.

here is a link on how to on the donut repplacement.

and while you are in there check the tunnel to bulkhead rivits under the fuel tank as they are known to come loose.

here is a link on how to on the donut repplacement.

Thanks for this

Back