• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Break-in impressions of 2009 Yamaha RS Venture GT

RIYAMAHA,

The two big outer brackets on the inside of the windshield that hold the windshield in place are also the attach points for the mirrors.

The mirrors are also threaded and can be unscrewed to remove them.

The mirrors work pretty well.

Daranello,

It's going to be hard to juggle mileage on two sleds. I plan to put another 4,000 miles on the 2005 RS Venture. So, it would be safe to say you will be in the lead for quite some time. :-o

Savor the moment...LOL... ;)! ;)!

All the best! ;)!

Can you explain the purpose/function of the CSS Safety System Light. I saw a few of these on snowmobiles in Quebec last season and could not figure out what they were for.

I don't take my hands off the bars and provide hand and arm signals anymore.

The CSS light basically signals oncoming traffic whether there are multiple sleds or a single sled in the group you are in.

If you were the lead sled in a group of sleds for example, the CSS light would be on "Yellow" signaling caution to oncoming sleds and they can expect other sleds behind the lead sled.

The last sled in the group should have his/her CSS light switched to "Green" signaling on coming traffic that this is the last sled in the group and they have cleared the group of sleds.

If you were riding solo you would have the light switched to "Green" signaling you are the last sled and no others are in your group.

It's a much safer way to communicate.

Here is a link.

http://www.communicationsafetysystem.com/home.php

Hope this helps! ;)!

Keep us posted. I am thinking this would be my next sled. Maxdlx

You bet Maxdlx,

I really like the low end toque along with the DB II chassis. The sled doesn't feel like a touring sled, which really surprised me and certainly handles much better than the 05 Venture.

We have a fair snow base. Now we need a big storm to get the groomers out.

I can't wait to put the Curve XS Skis on and get on a groomed trail!

All the best! ;)!

Hondo,

Good to hear from you.

Sounds like just the next sled I want. My wife want to wait for grand kids, but hey I can't control that. Anyway, be safe and keep the reports coming.

How much to mod the seat, did an auto upholsterer do it for you?

thanks

Yamadoo

Het Hondo

I have one of the 09s also , got 200 kms on it on groomed trails and love it , the engine break is new to me and will take some getting used to , I really like the fuel injection , still playing with the suspension set up but is way better then when I got it from Yamaha , Ive found the sled a bit tippy

Muskoka Man

Hi Guys,

Good to hear from you Yamadoo,

We have an upholsterer in Caribou that does cars, vintage, new and race sleds. The cost was $65.00. I thought he did a nice job. The grey is a close match and looks good. With the ROX riser I'm a happy camper in the comfort department. ;)!

Thanks Jake,

I'm looking forward to riding. We just need more snow.

Muskoka Man,

The engine breaking is tamed down from the 2005 RS Venture. It does take some time to get used to it. I find it a very nice feature. It saves on brake pads.

Be patient with the set up. One click at a time. I have the suspension set at a good basic rig for me. As I get more miles on the trail I'll start adjusting. Fuel injection is a superb feature. The engine is very smooth with a nice low end torque band.

So far the sled feels much more nimble to me. I suspect the DB II chassis. I'm chomping at the bit to get it on the trail.

Maxdlx,

So far so good!

Please provide input as you discover the GT.

Thanks and "All the best!" ;)!

My word hondo!! Those are some serious mile logs in your signature! You put almost as many miles on your sleds as I do on my pickup in an entire year!!! Very good report by the way.

Back