• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Error

yamaslob

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Can anyone give me some info. on Err_1? 2006 Apex RTX, the sled will run but once under load (throttle) will die. Tors?

Thank you

-James

I have not heard of err 1, but what you are describing is similar to a TORS error. Make sure your throttle is snapping back nicely and you have a little play when the throttle is fully closed. Was any covers removed or any adjustments made to the risor prior to this?

Er-1

Symptoms
No signals are recieved from ECU

Probable Cause
1. Open or short curcuit in wiring harness.
2. Malfunction in meter
3. Malfunction in ECU
4. Defective wire connetion of the ECU coupler

This is straight from my service manuel! Hope it helps!

Just ran into a guy today that said he had the ERR-1 error and after a lot of troubleshooting, he said it was his battery not putting out enough juice. Not sure if this is what you have but also check those connections are tight.

I have experienced a similiar thing on my apex before. I seen err 1 and err2 constantly on and off, but luckily The sled never shut down. It turned out to be a wire that had some how lost the outer insulation and had started touching the frame which then caused the code. So if I were you I would carefully check all the different wires for anything like this.

I experienced this while i was riding the sled, the error came on and the sled shut down!(second ride of the season). I checked my relays and that is not the problem, i installed a new battery at the beginng of the season. My apex will start and stay at running at idle, running on all cylinders! But once i sit on the sled and have load on it, will stall once givin throttle. Has me stumped! Im wondering about the speedo bearing, in that i greased it before the season and perhaps grease, dust what have you got on the sensor? anything will help!

thank you

-James

Back