• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

excell wheel kit durability

yamaposer

Veteran
There are a couple of us looking to change over to the larger idler wheels. Anybody out there with some good time on the excells. We don't tend to ride much groomed stuff, more off trail, jumping, ditch banging. Just a little worried that the larger wheels may take too much impact energy and suffer damage as a result, or go missing all together.
Any info would be appreciated.

if change inners and outers, you wont put any more stress on the rails - also change out your hyfax at the time you put the wheels on.

My hyfax wear at the bend right up front do the bigger excell wheels help in that area or do you put the low snow kit on to

I have over 1000 miles on mine with no problems. Hyfax wear looks great and I haven't had any durability issues.

i have a hair under 1000mi with the excell wheels on my phazer, no issues at all, i did install the low snow kit last season to help with slide wear.. but it didnt do much.. i still have the low snow kit installed along with the excell wheels..i am an aggressive trail rider, and when i see a mogul field i am in heaven..i luv to hit the bumps! one of the best things i have notice is i am still on the same set of slides i started the season with.... last year 1000mi and 4 sets of slides.. excell wheels are well worth it..

Back