• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro component weights/stats for info/verification

MOB

Veteran
Spoke with dealer today WRT FX Nytro MTX looking into potential weight savings...was advised the following:

Stock 153" skid = 68 lbs
Stock A-arms = 38.6" stance and are steel (MTX; short tracks supposedly wider)
Shock length fully extended = 17.5" (MTX; short tracks supposedly longer)
Stock Battery (as usual) = heavy

Given delivered stock sled weight...looks like some pretty simple areas to whittle down weight another 30 lbs or so while improving performance.

Since I do not yet have mine to verify...any input/additional info welcome.

FWIW

At the Alaska state fair the different dealers have at least 3 sleds on scales.
All sleds are semi dry meaning they have oil in shocks and 1 quart of oil in res (if needed) and they just need gas to run.
08 TN'T = 404 lbs (no E-start)
07 XPS = 497 lbs (w/E-start)
08 Nytro RTX 514 (w/E-start)

So basicly IF the nay sayers are NOT riding a NEW Doo they really might want to check as there is NOT much difference in weight! Yamaha has cut off more weight than ANY of the other brands with the new FX Nytro RTX.

if my nytro weighs 514 pounds i will be astonished, it should be here in a week and the first place its going is on the hanging scale i will post pictures and the actual weight

I'll be happy with around 600-615 lbs wet and going at least 100 miles on the tank. Mine should be here any week as well.

the exact weight out of the box with everything that was in the box layed on the sled while being weighed is 582.6 pounds.

someone's weight has to be off

if you figure 6.1 lbs per gallon for gas that would give you a weight of 562 not 582 or 628 not 608 anyone really have the answer?

ou812 said:
the exact weight out of the box with everything that was in the box layed on the sled while being weighed is 582.6 pounds.

Now that is the only true method of weighing a sled, the way it comes out of the crate, before any fluids are added.

This should become the standard method for determining sled weights and put an end to the bullshit once and for all.

:Rockon: Kudos to ou812 for the best sled weight related post I've seen in any forum.

Would be invaluable to post a pic. of this. :-o

608.5 was from a reliable source. http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=91&threadid=327974&enterthread=y about half way down you'll see it hanging on the scale.

Either way I won't cry - looking forward to the sled either way :)

EDIT - Added pics of the 582.8 out of the crate as well. Again, I'll be happy with either - looking forward to turning the key and riding!

FWIW, the respected source above is the poster not necessarily the site :)

Attachments

• nyt-1a.JPG
    nyt-1a.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 137
  • nyt-2a.JPG
    nyt-2a.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 115
ou812,
Does yours have reverse or not? Because the 608.5 wet w/no reverse seems too light considering your out of the crate weight of 582.8. There's only 25.7 lbs diff from your out of the crate weight vs the other "wet" weight. It seems to me that there would be at least another 50# in fluids from your out of the crate weight?
Was the 608.5 weight from a pre-production model? From the snow in the background, that pic must have been taken in the spring.
I'm assuming that "wet" means full of all fluids, or is this where my math is getting messed up?

Yamaha ships sleds with SOME fuel!!

I would say my RTX showed up with close to 2 gallons of fuel and yes I got it in the crate with plastic still on it. Skis, right panel, bumper, snowflap and other things still in boxes!

That's 12 lbs so that makes a true dry weight of this sled closer to 570lbs. It would be nice to know what exactly was added to the sled to come up with the 608lbs weight.

Back