• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gas mileage rx-1 mountain 2004

sport20

i'm buying a rx-1 mountain 2004. i've been doing some research,but cannot get any consistent answers. some guys are sayiny they are gettin 20 mpg while others are getting 10mpg. this is research done on all stock machines.there would be a difference between powder and trail , but this seems a little much. any info would be appreciated.
thanks

about 12mpg. I run it pretty easy. i go about 30 or 40 on the trails to hit every sidehill i see. i also go slow in the powder to carve and go through the trees. There is also a good amount of idle time on each tank, probably 20 minutes total, as i turn them on then get ready, offload them, then i idle when im getting ready to put the ramps on the trailer

12mpg is what i usually get though. sometimes i can get 15 if i ride faster and dont go in much deep stuff.

SoCol is spot on. Seems the powder eats the fuel, but that is what we bought these things for in the first place. Mileage is bound to be better trailing it, but I have to seriously doubt the 20 mpg, unless you are very steady on the throttle and clipping along in nearly no powder.

One thing you will find that each sled needs to be super tuned. They come from the factory all screwed up, so do yourself a favor and learn about them and if you can't tune it, then get it somewhere where they can, because that will make miles of difference in how it runs and thusly mileage it gets. Should be rocket fast with a blip of the throttle and very steady rpms while holding one possition on the throttle. If it modulates, it needs tuning.

:4STroke:

Back