• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gforce charger for the Nytro???

fasteddie

Extreme
Hasn't anyone from this site actually tried one of these (Gforce Nytro charger) yet? All I get when I search it is a lot of speculation. Surely someone from here has tried one? I'm seriously considering one but would really like to hear the facts before buying one. Can someone chime in if they have one please.

Thanks in advance

I'm interest in some real world results too. People seem to love the Yamacharger.

The Yamacharger on the Apex is a lot different than the one made for the Nytro. The G-force Nytro Charger worked only at max RPM...basically good while going across a long lake, but as the Nytro is not a top speed sled, it really is a moot point performance gain wise. You're better off going with a full exhaust, airbox mod and PC5. Compare the gains to $$....Nytro Charger...$1750 and makes 10ish HP at peak rpm....Hurricane Kit, $1400ish and makes 18hp that you will feel everywhere you go.

Does the Hindle exhaust really make a noticeable difference? I look at the dyno charts on the Excell exhaust and for $1000 it doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference. But 18hp seems like it certainly should make a difference. I'm mostly concerned with the seat of the pants difference.

YEP! Hindle builds an amazing exhaust! I had an excel kit on my nytro and liked it but once I switched over to the hindle..... Boom fell in love with the sound and throttle rersponce

nytrozula said:
Does the Hindle exhaust really make a noticeable difference? I look at the dyno charts on the Excell exhaust and for $1000 it doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference. But 18hp seems like it certainly should make a difference. I'm mostly concerned with the seat of the pants difference.

The entire kit as a whole makes 18 hp and the gains are very noticeable. I've run the Hindle system on it's own, with fuel mapping and with the entire kit including airbox mod and the full kit is the only way to go...plus you cant beat the price vs HP gain. As with any header/intake/fuel kit, they are gains you will feel all the time....The G-force charger needs to be spooled up at max rpm and kept there to feel a gain

Not trying to turn this thread into an ad...just trying to give some advice on what is the better gain for the dollars.

There was a promotion at gforce division for the nytro charger in march 2013 I brought one for 750$ and it is a new unit not a used one. this device is suposed to give 15 hp at high rpm (they said it is dyno tested) it gives a smooth linear hp gain from mide trange rpm to high range, the area were the nytro beging to be a little less strong. the parts seams to be of high quality. I will have it install by them, they have their own dyno and they tune the fuel injection with it and a module that come with their kitt that is call GEM. I will be able to comment when we have snow

As for the hindle exeaust I brought one from a member+ the air box modd, cluth weight+ the competitor of the power comander the rapid bike 3 and the mapps are there+ the software, it was on a nytro xtx like mine. This exausth and headers are very lighweight and seams to be good quality, it will be also instaled at the same time as the nytro charger.

I presume that the exeaust + the nytrocharger will give some good result as the charger push more air so the exeaust might perform even better than it advertise hp.

I will get back to post the dyno result and my experience with gforce division customer service and instalation.

sofunkingcool said:
How much louder is the hindle compared to stock? I see they sell a 20" that they say is close to stock db's but is it really. Thanks

with a DB reducer its pretty close, deeper tone but quiet on idle and low speed driving.....search you tube as there are several good sound clips.

With the 20" muffler its louder but not crazy loud when it has fresh packing. I would skip the DB reducer.....didn't do much for noise reduction and blew out the packing then smoked the muffler on mine.

sorenson1610 said:
With the 20" muffler its louder but not crazy loud when it has fresh packing. I would skip the DB reducer.....didn't do much for noise reduction and blew out the packing then smoked the muffler on mine.

Hey Nate, the DB reducer shouldn't cause the packing to burn out. It knocks off roughly 4 DB and takes the sharpness out of the sound. A sure way to tell if your packing is burnt out is brown spots on the shell. If you bought yours new, I think Hindle will repack it if you send it to them....probably free. Email Lee and ask. ;)!

shaddow44 said:
sofunkingcool said:
How much louder is the hindle compared to stock? I see they sell a 20" that they say is close to stock db's but is it really. Thanks

with a DB reducer its pretty close, deeper tone but quiet on idle and low speed driving.....search you tube as there are several good sound clips.

I liked my Hindle better after putting the DB reducer in. Still has a bark at times putting around at stops and when you open it right up. But if you want to run quiet past some trail wardens it can be done at a nice constant throttle setting.

Gforce with a Hindle would be interesting. Easy bolt on stuff for sure.

Hey ryan I got it all figured out with dave from hurricane. I think it was particularly my fault as my packing was getting used up but the reducer def made it worse as it redirects the flow out toward the muffler shell rather then straight through. So before I knew it I had cracked the shell and it opened right up on me. It was right were the reducer starts redirecting airflow so that's why I posted this. Just be careful and watch your packing or you might have issues with the reducer in. ;)!

sorenson1610 said:
Hey ryan I got it all figured out with dave from hurricane. I think it was particularly my fault as my packing was getting used up but the reducer def made it worse as it redirects the flow out toward the muffler shell rather then straight through. So before I knew it I had cracked the shell and it opened right up on me. It was right were the reducer starts redirecting airflow so that's why I posted this. Just be careful and watch your packing or you might have issues with the reducer in. ;)!

That's weird Nate....I've only ever run a reducer and never had an issue....something tells me you had a faulty part. That should definitely be covered under warranty. Send me some pics and I'll talk with Lee if you haven't already had it looked after. The muffler shell should not split at all unless it's damaged.....dirt bike mufflers take more abuse and hold up.

Back