• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Good luck getting a MPI Supercharger

Snow Fever

Expert
I have been trying to buy a MPI Supercharger and keep getting the run around. They told me to call TCI and buy it through them, They passed me on to another dealer. They advertise in the Rags "In stock for fast shipment" I was told it would be here this Wed. NOT...... Then I was told today (Friday) NOT.... :o| Now I am being told that they are shipping a partial kit so I can get started??????????? What good is a partial kit? Guess the MC Turbo that I have now (Which came as a complete kit) is the way to go. I even tried to get a hold of MPI but no answer. Thats pretty good service for a 6000 dollar option for your sled :crap: Glad I learned this now before I got stuck with one and no service after the sale. P.S. the turbo is on a RX-1, the blower was for an Apex. Just a heads up guys. P.S.S. for obvious reasons I did cancel the order. To bad for them, if they did work (And came with ALL the parts) I was looking at 2 more kits for sure. I guess when your selling more than you can produce it doesn't matter as a business if you loose a few potential sales?

Actualy; I beleive it has more to do with needing to get the upgraded FI Controllers (designed for 8000+ elevation) tested and shipped to current owners that is holding them back.

Right now Utah is hurting for snow so they haven't gotten out there to make sure the new controller will work for the guys at elevation (story I have heard).This might be the reason for the offer to ship you a partial kit and the weekly push back on the delivery dates.

Jim

Yea, you may be right. It would be nice though if when companies can't supply they would just be up front. I know I'm asking for something part way into the season, but if they had just told me they can't supply one then maybe I would have said OK put me on the list for when they could. When they say they have them in stock ready to ship (Which they did on the phone) and then keep pushing the dates out and then offer a partial kit........ well to me thats not good business. Guess I'll have to look at other options.

Welcome to the New Era of the snowmobile aftermarket!!
It's called OPM...Other Peoples Money. That's what they operate on. Sell ahead of time, bank money then produce.

Doesn't matter if it is a Seat, SC, Shocks, or Susp. Products. Anyone received their parts right on time..? I don't think so...

Welcome to the New Era of the snowmobile aftermarket!!
It's called OPM...Other Peoples Money. That's what they operate on. Sell ahead of time, bank money then produce.

Doesn't matter if it is a Seat, SC, Shocks, or Susp. Products. Anyone received their parts right on time..? I don't think so...

yes got mine on time dave from powder lites hes the most honest guy ive ever dealt with. i purchased alot of junk for sleds in 20 years. mpi they suck they dont even pay their vendors they purchase from thats a fact mac

Things like this can leave a bad taste in your mouth. I recently just purchased a couple blowers from MPI and they were here in a week. I had a call into Mac about the update on the control boxes. It took him a couple days to get back to me. He ended up returning my call at 9:30 PM the other night. That to me, says allot about a company that size. I know they have had some personnel issues that have been addressed. I think this is the way of the after-market. When the season hits, the supplies dwindle and the shelf goes empty. It's a hit and miss thing, I know I am very demanding type person. I think we all are when it comes to our machines, when the snow is here, or around the corner, we want to ride! I know how people get, as I port cylinders for the two-stroke crowd in the winter months. I think the after-markets all do their best to get product ready for us. Maybe as a consumer, it is up to us to prepare a bit earlier if we want the performance goodies to spruce up our machines. I always knew, when I was racing, what I was going to be doing one year ahead of time! Trail riding is quite a bit more laid back, however the intensity isn't when it comes to this boosted performance machinery. Doesn't matter the boosting company you decide to go with, the orders should have already been placed if you wanted boost before Jan. I ordered mine from MPI a month and a half ago and had 2 kits in a week. Also ordered turbos from another source and am still waiting, but I'm OK with that because I know the situations they are dealing with. I have had good experiences with MPI, CPR, Powderlites and Bender. I understand some others have not. ALL WE AS CONSUMERS ARE ASKING FROM THE AFTER-MARKET READING THIS, IS TO BE -----HONEST-----IF IT TAKES A WEEK LET US KNOW, BUT IT BETTER BE A WEEK!!!!!!! IF YOU CAN'T GET IT TO US IN TIME, THAN SAY THAT. DO NOT MAKE PROMISES YOU CAN NOT KEEP. THAT IS ALL WE ASK. -------BE HONEST-------I should add that this is directed to ALL after-market companies that may be reading this, not any one in particular. Also, as consumers, we need to understand the after-market also rely heavily on different vendors to supply them parts and product, we need to be patient and understanding, as well as being prepared for the season. Thanks, Mike Knapp#17

i second that mike we trust these guys weve never met with our credit cards then you wait. if your in it for the bucks only vendors see you later like last weeks snow

Disgruntled here as well

Still waiting for stage 2 pullies (one year now)
bought a Boondocker fuel box, because the MPI boxes water out (short)
Personally I would never EVER deal with MPI AGAIN!

I can't understand how they stay in business. I have been phoning them since spring time to by there chaincase sockets. Been told tomorrow, next week, next month, next etc. Why not tell me, we just don't have them. Did a search on here, found Mirco Belmont has them. In stock, would send them to me by mail, got them. Then the bs that mpi is saying in Mod Stock Volume 33 Issue 6, that people that used extra head gaskets/shim is a mistake. What is that, between MCX, Powderlite, those companys know more about boosting then mpi will ever know. There rods, pistons, studs are better then everybody else. Do they think were stupid, all those parts come from the same supplier. lots of cool things for yamis, but need somebody that can run the business. I think they should let Hammer run the company. It would turn around big time, and everything would be dialed in. I was going to buy a phazer with a supercharger, will wait for the Powderlite kit. Also mpi ad on the back of just about ever sled mag, they can make over 50 psi, turbos can't, over 500 units sold. Doubt they ever made that many, Yami fest in revy had over 130 turbo sleds, how many superchargers? maybe 1. I would like to ride a supercharger sled, but never seen one in the mountains. And I live most of the winter in Revy.

You know you guys all bring valid points up but I sit here and read all this stuff. What happened to letting everyone make a little profit. I think everyone thinks that there is a ton of money in these supercharger/turbo kits and I think that there isn't in my opinion yes they make some money but isn't that what they are in business to do. How much the dealer make on a new sled sale couple hundred bucks. How many of you people are in your our business and put your butt on the line day in and day out. I agree on fair price but I see some people that will call around the country to save $20.00 but yet everyone wants to have the best of the best service if everyone beats the heck out of them for the best price then how can they give the best service. If they aren't telling you the truth well thats another issue. People need to be honest. I think that there is enough business for all of them. They don't have to fight for it let there product speak for themselves thats what makes me buy what I buy. Now saying that let the bullet fly. Sorry if i offend anyone buts that my opinion.

4kops said:
You know you guys all bring valid points up but I sit here and read all this stuff. What happened to letting everyone make a little profit. I think everyone thinks that there is a ton of money in these supercharger/turbo kits and I think that there isn't in my opinion yes they make some money but isn't that what they are in business to do. How much the dealer make on a new sled sale couple hundred bucks. How many of you people are in your our business and put your butt on the line day in and day out. I agree on fair price but I see some people that will call around the country to save $20.00 but yet everyone wants to have the best of the best service if everyone beats the heck out of them for the best price then how can they give the best service. If they aren't telling you the truth well thats another issue. People need to be honest. I think that there is enough business for all of them. They don't have to fight for it let there product speak for themselves thats what makes me buy what I buy. Now saying that let the bullet fly. Sorry if i offend anyone buts that my opinion.

I think you are missing the point....I've ordered plenty from MPI and don't mind if they make a few bucks but I now know about 5 people that have spent $16-$18k on their brand new SC'd apex mts and eventually had to dump them for $12k due to the fact that the SC'r didn't work well in the mountains. If MPI couldn't test them and get them dialed, they shouldn't sell them. Yet, even with the known problems they continue selling units???? I'd be pissed if I spent that much coin on a sled that wouldn't barely idle etc etc.

Rt

here here

I spent a crap load on my sled setting it up for mountains with the stage 2 s/c
Im into it for over 30K CAD
My next step is next summer, to remove the s/c and install a turbo kit.
A lot of time and effort, that still continues to be put fourth to make this s/c work.
However without MPI giving me my stage 2 pullies my blower is under driven with 1:1 pullies, cant get it to that sweet spot
If I run 1:1 pullies at 11200 (limiter) engine RPM my blower can only reach an RPM of 106288 it is capable of a max of 120000 RPM
So dont buy a stage 2 S/C without receiving the stage 2 pullies off the get go

Yes thats falls into the honesty thing I was not pointing out anyone so maybe MPI should start being honest and I thought I was the only one who put way to much money in something and sold it for alot less. It sounds like the lesson here is maybe not buy a SC thats why I own turbos.

I think they should let Hammer run the company
They can’t afford me.....LOL
(the military has been good to me and only 3yrs left to retire)

I like my SC enough to keep it for another season !!!
(fuel controller is my only issue......the kits hard parts are top-notch)

Back