• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hancock, MI?

northerndoc

Expert
Just wondering if anyone can chime in concerning what's left of the trails up there following the melt-off/ rain? Is there anything left? Enough to be improved by 4-6" of LE (calling for a little each day this week)? Have a reservation there for Thursday through Sunday- just wanted to get a legitimate report so we can either keep the reservations or throw in the towel. This winter sucks my n*ts..... :o|

Thanks for the link to Snowtracks.... I haven't seen that website before. The reports over on fishweb weren't as promising. Was afraid I was going to have to drive all the way to northern MN! We'll be staying in Hancock at the Ramada on Portage Lake. We won't be up there until Thursday afternoon though. Would be cool to hook up for a ride though. We usually head straight for the Mariner North for lunch and a massage- maybe meet up there at some point in the weekend... ?

Are you guys planning on heading up to the Mariner North for lunch on Thursday after you unload? We'll be riding to Copper Harbor a couple of times while we're there.

I'll be riding the blue VX1R that's in my avatar and my buddy rides a red Rage.

If the snow is bad in munising we will be heading to the Keewenau on thursday morning.

Probably do the Mariner on Friday morning. We won't likely make it to Hancock before 5pm on Thursday (buddy won't make it to my place in Cadillac until late Wed night, so we'll leave Thurs morning whenever we get up). I've got a modded 09 Nytro XTX and my buddy rides a modded RX warrior. Both sleds have Ridelites. Hopefully see you out there.

I would watch it closer up there. I was in hurley last weekend, which i know houghton is a lot farther north. But everything was cashed on Friday and everybody said the UP was the same. Rain and 40 degree weather for three days. Not good. Iron County was like riding on a gravel road the entire way. Sucked

Twin Lakes north was EPIC last weekend. Ran from Houghton up and around the tip on Friday. Hired a local to guide us boondocking on Saturday and had a ball! No, I didn't lead, but I did get through an amazing amount of duff. The off-trail riding is wonderful right now. Can't wipe the grin off of my face!

Back