• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handle bar hooks?

These thing's are great! I have 2" 45 degree. Let's U rest your hands and grip the handle bars when needed.

hooks

I've had them on my last 8 sleds and love them! I use the 45 on the throttle side and 90 on the brake side, once you use them a little you can't imaging riding without them. And yes they do tend to rob a little heat from the grips on my warrrior and rx-1 but they were still usable. I've yet to ride my apex for a direct comparison.

Dog

SSC89 said:
These thing's are great! I have 2" 45 degree. Let's U rest your hands and grip the handle bars when needed.
When you ride hard sometimes you need them it really gives you something EXTRA to grip and pull HARD when needed!!! I just have one 90 on the brake side and that helps the most some guys say you dont really need the throttle side much ...any opinions on that maybe I should get the throttle side too?>> 45 degree

That's a good idea Dog. You can buy them separately? I'm not too worried about the grip warmers unless the heat loss is extreme, because they are usually on low if on at all.

Thanks!

right now I use the 90 for pushing to the right hard and pulling to the left when aggressive steer is needed!

twomorestrokes said:
That's a good idea Dog. You can buy them separately? I'm not too worried about the grip warmers unless the heat loss is extreme, because they are usually on low if on at all.

Thanks!
yes you can buy them separately

Yama-Crazy said:
SSC89 said:
When you ride hard sometimes you need them it really gives you something EXTRA to grip and pull HARD when needed!!! I just have one 90 on the brake side and that helps the most some guys say you dont really need the throttle side much ...any opinions on that maybe I should get the throttle side too?>> 45 degree

I'm running the 90 on the brake side and a 45 on the throttle side also. The only thing the one on the throttle side does is hold my helmet in place when I stop and it looks better. The only way I could actually use it riding if I took my hand off the throttle or installed a lefty throttle. A far as losing any heat that is not a problem at all if anything my bar warmers are too hot. They never go above half even in the coldest conditions.

Yama-Crazy said:
right now I use the 90 for pushing to the right hard and pulling to the left when aggressive steer is needed!
The hook helps so you can rely on it more so you can be more presise with feathering or opening the throttle...when having to hold with both hands its sometimes hard to get the throttle to do exactely what you want...but when you have ahold of that hook you have alot of control with just the 90 on the brake side so it relieves alot off the throttle side for better control in hard cornering...then you can really lean and use more body language too with more confidence!

Back