• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Haydays 2024 - Outlaw record

Turboflash

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 ZR9000 Ltd. 137 - PEFI Stage 4
New world record at Haydays today.

Dominic Earnst on the Hypersports Eagle-1
164.95 MPH - 500 ft. ET: 3.408. 60' time: .969.
See time slip in pic.

Haydays this year about same as many. Heavier traffic yesterday than today. Lots of swappers. Racing very good due to cooler temps. Beautiful weather for once - temps in 60s mid-day (instead of many years in 80s-90s), night temps high 40s.

Attachments

• IMG_20240908_113302.jpg
    IMG_20240908_113302.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

That’s crazy
If you've ever been at starting line at NHRA top fuel or funny car - that run sounded like that. Very loud up on on anti-lag and when he let the button go, the ground shook. Amazing. It went exactly straight with skis just slightly touching track enough so he could english/steer it a bit. Of course it's over in under 4 secs. His reaction time was a "slow" .168 secs. Lol. Amazing machine. Looks like polished jewelry. Rumor has it, it makes close to 900 HP on nitro methane.
You have to see it to really be able to appreciate it. Rumor also has it, it cost about $250,000 to build. Cubic dollars = cubic HP = FAST

If you've ever been at starting line at NHRA top fuel or funny car - that run sounded like that. Very loud up on on anti-lag and when he let the button go, the ground shook. Amazing. It went exactly straight with skis just slightly touching track enough so he could english/steer it a bit. Of course it's over in under 4 secs. His reaction time was a "slow" .168 secs. Lol. Amazing machine. Looks like polished jewelry. Rumor has it, it makes close to 900 HP on nitro methane.
You have to see it to really be able to appreciate it. Rumor also has it, it cost about $250,000 to build. Cubic dollars = cubic HP = FAST
No way near the feel or sound of a Top fuel car, theirs nothing like that feeling of 13,000 HP.

New world record at Haydays today.

Dominic Earnst on the Hypersports Eagle-1
164.95 MPH - 500 ft. ET: 3.408. 60' time: .969.
See time slip in pic.

Haydays this year about same as many. Heavier traffic yesterday than today. Lots of swappers. Racing very good due to cooler temps. Beautiful weather for once - temps in 60s mid-day (instead of many years in 80s-90s), night temps high 40s.
Wow...what engine are they starting their build with?

The ones I've seen are roughly based on a Hayabusa engine. They use a Haysbusa head I believe. The block is custom machined from billet. Supercharged, using nitomethane. Start engine at line like on C16 type gas, you can hear when they switch it over to nitromethane.

No way near the feel or sound of a Top fuel car, theirs nothing like that feeling of 13,000 HP.
Yeah, I know but in comparison to like Pro 55 sleds, or other production 4 strokes, the sound is unique.

The ones I've seen are roughly based on a Hayabusa engine. They use a Haysbusa head I believe. The block is custom machined from billet. Supercharged, using nitomethane. Start engine at line like on C16 type gas, you can hear when they switch it over to nitromethane.
:);)!

Wow, I wish I had seen that. We were at the Mud drags while I could hear the big Turbo Four stroke sleds winding down at the end of the track. We didn't get over there in time to see any of them.

Amazing time at Haydays this year. Four guys, a few beers, lots of walking and sunburn. Good to have a chance to chat with Tom about the upcoming EPS projects.

The temps were perfect, dust was low. Food lines were horrible. But the electronic tickets were money! Biggest surprise was the crowds at the mud runs and the Backwoods BMP booth. Mud runs were very cool to see again, but it was a bummer that they removed the SXS test drive track.

Backwoods BMP threw a happy hour at 4pm and gave $10,000 to one of the 6 film makers on site. We all voted. And one of the folks in the crowd won one of the riders sleds!! They had a better sound and video setup than any of the major MFGS. What a party.

And what was with the Monster Beast Hard Tea bar setup? I didn't even know it was there until I was walking towards the gate. We had over 21 wrist bands and walked right in and they served us free hard tea drinks. One dude walked up to me and said they were there all day drinking for free! Drinks were not bad either.

All around great show!

The amazing thing is I believe the old record was low 150s

The amazing thing is I believe the old record was low 150s
2023 Hay Days Outlaw win was 149.12. MPH. But 60' time was .915 sec.
This year, 60' was .969 but at 500' he was 165 MPH. I read that as more track spin at launch (slower 60' time) but way faster acceleration.
No wonder they can't allow these missles to run 1000'. They'd be over 200 MPH.

They set a 1000 ft ice record as well.. Over 200 mph

Back