• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help loose frt end ulmer kit install

feysfunworld

Veteran
I just received the ulmer bushings and new ones schould be here tomorow for spindles for skis the ball joints seem to have some play also have all the plastics off hope to work on bushings tonight is there anything else I schould remove to make it an easier job ( shocks or that stuff) hope it goes well thanks for any advice in advance

feysfunworld said:
I just received the ulmer bushings and new ones schould be here tomorow for spindles for skis the ball joints seem to have some play also have all the plastics off hope to work on bushings tonight is there anything else I schould remove to make it an easier job ( shocks or that stuff) hope it goes well thanks for any advice in advance

When did you order your A-Arm bushings?

I started out by putting the bushings in the freezer. Pulled off all the front plastic, removed the upper shock bolt removed the sway bar bolt and the tie rod end bolt. Then the upper A-arm bolt and the two lower bolts. I then pulled the upper and lower a-arms with the ski, shock and spindle all as one peace. Took out the old bushings using a punch and hammer, grabbed the new bushings out of the freezer and pressed them in using a 6" c-clamp.
Took me about two hours start to finish.
What a difference

How did you get into those lower a-arms and get the rear a-arm bolts out? There is like no room in there... I started to do it, then said to heck with it. I'll do it later!

they are junk, the thin one you can just break off and get behind with a small screwdriver and pry them out. the larger ones i just used a big screwdriver and taped them out from inside the arm

i was wrong I didnt get the ulmer oil lites yet the ones I got were from mcmaster carr for the spindles i'm still waitin for the ulmers got the plastic bushings all out. can you just hammer those bushings in the spindles out too they seem a liitle harder to get out being that they are brass.I hope I get the ulmers by mon.!!

feysfunworld said:
i was wrong I didnt get the ulmer oil lites yet the ones I got were from mcmaster carr for the spindles i'm still waitin for the ulmers got the plastic bushings all out. can you just hammer those bushings in the spindles out too they seem a liitle harder to get out being that they are brass.I hope I get the ulmers by mon.!!

Ordered mine Nov 1, I had to order another set from RD, couldn't wait any longer... Good luck..

feysfunworld said:
who's rd in case I have prob, I got it ripped apart, can't wait past mon

Royal Distributing here in Canada, I assume you are in the States? You should put that in your info.. Keep us posted on how it goes, I'm not starting until I have parts.

ordered from R D today I wonder how long that will take customs this could take a while to get them but ulmer said it would be weeks before they get them

When I ordered by oilite bushings it took well over a month. When I did recieve the package in the mail, the box was busted open. I assume this is why it took so long..? The problem was, the only thing that was used to keep the box sealed was the self adhesive flap. The glue didn't hold. To any of you shipping parts in USPS boxes, please use a little tape just as a precuation. I did get some bushing after a fashion but it took twice as long to get here plus fight with the USPS on a claim.

Just my experience.

Back