• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help me select my forced induction option...........

What type of forced induction???

• a) mpi supercharger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b) boondocker turbo

• d) alpine turbo

• e)powderlite turbo

• Total voters

2XM3

Extreme
OK, heres the deal, I run a 08Apex mtx, ready to go boosted....what to buy, I just need opinions of those who have gone this route. And yes I have already searched and read every thread...lol....
My paramiters are as follows....

1) NO head shim ,I like the high compression "snap"

2) 174 x 2.5 camo track

3) sled -minus 50 lbs now

4) I ride 3-4 times a week so it's 91pump, av gas, or 20% C12+91 max, race gas at 9 bucks will break the bank

5)We boondock through the timber, play in the 5" powder and climb small hills, so lag is a minus

6) bullit proof as possible....I ride a lot.

7) as much power as possible given the above

8) i don't want to cut the sled up or at least as little as possible

9) over the summer rip her down for pistons and rods.....to much riding to do to do it now....lol

Please vote and let me hear your opinions/problems .....Thank you very much.... :yam:

May be limiting your potential with no shim even with race fuel

Perhaps supercharger better for you if you want to hit hard off the line
or you could consider a shimmed turbo with nitrous to negate the lag

Perhaps I should have added, no shim for now. Over the summer it's rods,pistons ect ect.....but the high boost turbos I have ridden all have quite a bit of lag, power is amazing but lag on a hard climb through the dense trees is not good.........

I hear the Powderlites turbo for the Apex is snaky, I am sure he has RB3 for this setup as well. Front mount quick response. Alpine kit is very similar except the fuel programmer.

If you want big power with stock compression i would recomend a meth kit for whatever way you go turbo or sc. Its a cheap kit to buy and you can run BIG hp on 87 octane.

Back