• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with changing Gear oil

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Apex MTX and RS Venture
Hey guys, I have 2006 vk and changed the oil and used the dipstick to fill it and measure it. Now I have an 08 VK to do and there is no disptick. how do you know how much oil to put in? I searched here and google and heard about a sight glass, is that right? if so where is it? thanks

Hey guys, I have 2006 vk and changed the oil and used the dipstick to fill it and measure it. Now I have an 08 VK to do and there is no disptick. how do you know how much oil to put in? I searched here and google and heard about a sight glass, is that right? if so where is it? thanks

No dipstick on the 2008? It's integrated into the low oil sensor like the 2006, no?

there is what looks like a dipstic but there is nothing under it, i checked on yamaha parts, the 06 had a chaincase and dipstick, the 08 has a gearbox with reverse and what use to be the dipstick is just a fill hole cover, must be someone out there with an 08 or newer that can please tell me how to check the level

check the owners manual. there is usually a bolt you remove and fill until the oil comes out when there is no dipstick.

I don't know if your '08 will be the same as my '20 ... that is a big gap. There is a 1.5 inch diameter hole in the lower plastics. Pop out the cover and I'm looking straight at a sight glass. How about yours?

VKII_CC.JPG

Back