• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help with jetting

blades

Extreme
wuz up everyone :Rockon:
i was thinking about jetting my 05 raptor, it has a WB e2 slip on but i never put an after market air filter on such as a K&N. can anyone tell me what would be the +or- about jetting or if it even needs it, how much more power would i get? is it even worth doing? also is it hard to do ? also what would be a good brand to go with and how do you know what jet to put in?
thanks guys ;)!

Im running a Raptor with a Pro Circuit slip on, k+n air airfilter and a k+n power lid jetted with a GYTR jet kit, 155 and 160 mains, with 25 pilot jets. I bought the Gytr jet kit because it was easy to get from my dealer. How does your quad run, any backfire on deexceleration, weak on upper revs? I would do a plug check and see how the plug looks and go from there.

no backfire or anything like that, the rap is strong and sounds good and always starts up on first push of the button, I was just told by a bud that i could get some extra ponys from jetting and it got me thinking so i wanted to know from others what they thought as far as any pluses in jetting. i dont know anything about what a jet can do for the raptor or how much of a pay off it would get in return for the money, time & effort. i guess im a little old school.....if it is not broke dont fix it ! but at the same time a little new school .....how fast can i get it!

thanks!

The difference that my slip on, air filter , powerlid, and jetting were qiute surprising, Went from second gear power wheelies stock, to wonderfully easy third gear wheelies. Substantially quicker through the gears.

Back