• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here are a few Nytro and Nytro RTX pics

08NitroRTX

VIP Member
Palmer, Alaska 61`11'06.31"N/149`55'21.13"W
Website
www.nytro23.com
Right now I'm mostly concerned about the rear suspension since this is what will take the most abuse.

These pics are of 2 sleds both a Nytro and a Nytro RTX. The RTX has remote resiviors on both track shocks and the shocks are black in color. The Nytro the shocks are silver.

Sorry if others have already posted pics of the production sleds rear suspension. (both the reg and the RTX)

Here is the Nytro:

DCP_3592.jpg

DCP_3580.jpg

DCP_3579.jpg

DCP_3577.jpg

DCP_3576.jpg

There are a few things we can see right off that will need to be changed.

* Inspect every single weld through out complete suspension.
* 4 rear idlers
* Replace teflon guides on top of the front torque arms w/ simple wear bar to last longer and NOT get ripped off.
* The lower parts of the front torqure arm need to be wrapped/strapped for strength.
* Complete rear sissor strapped for strenght.
* Adjustable transfer blocks added.
* Full windowed and clipped track.
* Extravort drivers (2) replacing the 4 stock drivers.
* Stud protectors w/ 96 studs & double backers.
* Extra set of wheels for low snow conditions.
* Ditch all the stock springs for either Ti or other material TBD.
* Test but assume we will be revalving both track shock. (might replace with a set of Ohlins dependent on what we can do with the stock RTX shocks)

Over all the rear suspension looks very close to my last ride so we are very happy with this!! (a trip with a tape measure to compare will let us know how close our current set up may be on the RTX!)

Time to start getting stoked!!!! Lots of work ahead but it'll all be fun! I like the challange and the learning curve!

I see there is no anti-bottoming stopper like there was on the proto's. The hole is still there for it so My guess is for a few bucks they can be added. Why would you need stud protectors? Do you mean tunnel protectors, if so it has them. Looks like the new Nytro has a Rev suspension in it square srings and all.

The problem I've seen with reinforcing Yamaha rear skids (at least with the Vector and Apex) is that we don't know the properties of the Yamaha chromoly. Parts tend to break on the new welds.

I just plan on running mine with the right stiffness springs and the shocks valved for my weight and use and see what happens.

I cracked the front arm in my Vector but that was over a season and a half including a 130 mile XC race.

Back