• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High Pitched ringing sound

Mista Mota

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Phazer M-TX
Hey All, I have a 2016 Phazer Mtx it has 2600km on it so it still kinda new in the whole scheme of things. and its all stock except for a roll over valve...
I've noticed this year after having running it for awhile and getting the engine well warmed up and such when I stop and let it idle I hear a high pitched ringing sound. at first I thought it was my tinnitus acting up, but then my brother heard it too. from what we could tell it was coming from the rad side of the sled.
could it possible be the fan bearing making that sound? it does go away after I give the sled the slightest amount of throttle. but it doesn't do it when I first start the sled and its cold.

or am I totally wrong and its actually the clutch being misaligned like all the threads say when I ran some searches.

Thanks in advance
J

It's most likely just the belt rubbing on the clutch shaft, mine does that occasionally. As long as reverse engaged decent I wouldn't worry about it.

It's most likely just the belt rubbing on the clutch shaft, mine does that occasionally. As long as reverse engaged decent I wouldn't worry about it.
reverse works perfect. thanks for the help!

Back