• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Holtzman carb springs question

Has any one installed Holtzman carb springs on a nitro, and if so what difference did you noticed. I am intrested in them but wondering if they work. How are the to install are they pretty easy and not to compilcated. Thanks..

I have installed them. It's not hard to do. I haven't run the differnet springs back to back in the same conditions so it's hard to say what the differences are.

It takes me about 5 minutes install on all 3 carbs.
There is slight gain with the green springs and silver springs.More so on the green.If I remember correctly I gained about .200 in a 1/4 mile on asphalt.
There's not alot of gain but everything adds up.For the price I would install them and get a set of cr10ek's right away.

www.ulmerracing.com sells both

My son put them in his Nytro - seems like the throttle response was better - I beleive he also put in the cr10ek plugs at the same time.

every little bit.

Just remember different elevations need different color springs. Wht Pro had success with at sea level may work terrible at 9000ft. Call Holtzman they are nice people to talk to. Maxdlx

maxdlx said:
Just remember different elevations need different color springs. Wht Pro had success with at sea level may work terrible at 9000ft. Call Holtzman they are nice people to talk to. Maxdlx

Or just reference their chart;

For Vector applications, use the Green springs for 0-4000 feet, Yellow for 4000-8000 feet, Red for 8000-12000 feet regardless of inlet (air box or filter application).

http://www.holtzmaneng.com/

I ran the greens in elevaton also as sea level they seem to work better.
I tested all the springs on the drag strip at sea level with timers and tested them all the way up to 12,500ft in the mountains.

Back