• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How To? install billet carb T's on Rx-1

Colorado Yamaha

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro MTX - MCX
Sorry, no dealer in my area for help so I'm becoming a garage mechanic. Just ordered the Boondocker billet carb T's - 2 came with 4 o-rings. I have the Rx-1 300+ page manual - where do those go / how / any help would be great. Thanks, Derek :o|

If they are anything like the MPI T's, the orings should fit in little grooves on each end of the T(the part that go over the float bowl vents). You need to take the carbs off the sled, loosen the bolts that hold the rack of carbs together, and pull the outside carbs out just enough to get the T's into place and slide them back together. Lube the orings with some engine oil or vasoline!

use a large zip tie to hold carbs togrther so you do one side at a time. If you spred the carbs to far apart the springs to the throttle linkage and sync come apart and is a real bear to get back. spread just enough to get the t's in.

Be very carefuel when pushing the carbs back together, make sure the small springs line up properly where the adjustment screws go.

Not hard, just look everything over very good prior to pulling the carbs apart. Pull one pair apart, put back together, then do the second pair and only far enough to get the T's in.

BigDog05 said:
Be very carefuel when pushing the carbs back together, make sure the small springs line up properly where the adjustment screws go.

Not hard, just look everything over very good prior to pulling the carbs apart. Pull one pair apart, put back together, then do the second pair and only far enough to get the T's in.

Yes, this is very important. I learned the hard way and ended up bending the little flap that holds the spring on. Took me 2 hours to figure out why my carbs would not go back together correctly. What a pain in the A$$.

I had troubles with those little adjusting screw springs too! I squeezed them together in the vise and tied monfilament fishing line on them on opposite sides to keep them compressed. Then I held them in place with a needle nose pliars and hit with a flame from a small propane torch , just enough to melt the fishing line and they popped right into place. I must have screwed around for a good hour trying to pry them back in place before I came up with this idea, Ken.

Back