• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

idle hanging up

Hey hey fellow sno zoner. I think I am going to adjust my idle tomorrow and see if I can get it right, I hate the thought of having to take my sled to the dealer for this.

Hi Radianguy
My venture did the samething, I got them done by the dealer at 600 km and after 1800km more they return to idle fast.But if its a fast run(over 100kmh) then a quick stop it still takes time to return to idle. :4STroke:

SC

Today when I was out I turned my idle down again and now idle returns to 1500 as soon as I stop. Thanks for the advise Metallicat.

hondo said:
When it takes a few seconds for motor to idle down to it's idle rpm range (mine is 1,400 - 1,500 rpms) means that your carburetors are not quite synchonized.

A good dealer can do a sync job pretty easy.

Hope this helps! ;)!

Hondo is 100% correct. Sync the carbs and the problem goes away.

Sync sequence:
1. Sync #2 to #3 (Middle to Right Side)
2. Adjust idle ~1,600 rpm
3. Sync #1 to #3 (Left Side/PTO to Right Side)
4. Re-adjust idle to ~1,600 rpm

You can use a Motion-Pro sync tool which ~$100 from Dennis Kirk, etc.

Did you ever get this fixed? Mine is doing the exact same thing! I tore apart the carbs and rebuilt them but still doing the same thing

the consensus looks to be synch the carbs with a manometer as that usually fixes it. did it back on my rx.

X2 as owning my RX-1 is the primary reason I invested in one of those 4 tube Motion Pro manometers; and not the blue crap they sell now, the good ole fashion mercury one. ;)!

Back