• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Injector relays?

snappy

Expert
Was up in Pittsburg NH this weekend my 07 attakgt with over 12k ran and started great Saturday and Sunday but Monday zero out cranked like it had no spark not even a sputter. I remembered reading about the relays on the left side freezing up and cupped them with my bare hands to warm them up. It started up ran well but restarts during the day were hard lots of cranking so I left it running till it went on the trailer . When I got home it would not start. Have these relays been updated? I have not dove into diagnosing it yet. No codes flashing.

My experience with relays freezing is that they normally freeze when left sitting for a while (overnight)
From what I have seen once they warm up some they are good to go till you let them sit for a long period of time like overnight or a long long lunch.
I have never had a relay freeze when just stopped for gas or a quick drink.
Not saying its not happening to you, just that I have not seen it

my relay froze in 30'. warmed sled up for about 5 minutes drove it and then shut it off to get dressed. went to start it again and the relay was frozen

If it was the fuel relay you wouldn't hear the pump. If you hear the pump running when you turn the key on it's not the relay.
I'm thinking the stator assembly. Lot's of posts now on this due to the high mileage these sleds are seeing these past few years. Do a search.

Fuel pump was cycling just fine. I will read up on the stator assembly deal. thx.

CaptCaper said:
If it was the fuel relay you wouldn't hear the pump. If you hear the pump running when you turn the key on it's not the relay.
I'm thinking the stator assembly. Lot's of posts now on this due to the high mileage these sleds are seeing these past few years. Do a search.

This was kind of the direction I was heading in with my first post.
I'm not saying he does not have a relay issue. Just does not sound like it from what I read
When my stator went it was strange. Very very hard to start when cold. Once i got it started and warmed up it would start pretty normal. There were No codes ever showed up till it completely failed.

Back