• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Input on 2008 Vector LTX Please!

CENA

Expert
My friend just bought a brand new leftover 2008 RS Vector LTX for $7,600. How are these sleds? He is coming off a 2003 MXZ 800. I have a 2005 RS Vector ER that he drove last winter and loved it. Any issues with them so far? Is the dealership stock suspension settings okay or will he have ski lift without adjusting it? Any input will be apreciated!! Thanks!!

i own an 09 but its got 50 miles on it so its hard to have an all around opinion,to me it is like riding a bmw,quality,quality all over it,im coming off a 04 rx warrior and it is night and day,the sound is awesome,i thought i would of missed the 4 banger sound but it is not so,you cant go wrong with this sled,dual runners is about the only thing i can think of to improve this sled,but that's on a 50 mile seat time opinion,go for it

He'll want to tighten the limiter strap up one notch from stock and take all of the preload off of his front shocks with the front end suspended in the air. This will greatly enhance cornering and will reduce inside ski lift. The other thing he will want to do is shim his skis and upgrade to a good carbide runner (a lot of people including myself like Bergstrom but there are other options too). The transfer rod can be adjusted to suit his riding style, but I like to keep mine in the stock position to allow some amount of transfer from a dead stop, while still maintaining good control when using the throttle in the corners. I weight 180lbs and found that the RA set between position 4 and 6 helps control the "yo-yo" effect in the rolling bumps (it increases the rebound dampening). I also set my rear shock preload to one position down from full hard. This helps to control bottoming and rear end sagging at the end of the day since the rear tunnel likes to pack itself full of ice.

you dont find the front end bottoming out when you take all the preload off the springs? i tried that last year on my apex and it was terrible on bumps. would putting a 12 or 13" swap bar on do the same thing?

06apexrtx said:
you dont find the front end bottoming out when you take all the preload off the springs? i tried that last year on my apex and it was terrible on bumps. would putting a 12 or 13" swap bar on do the same thing?

I don't think I bottomed the front end once all last year, even when taking bigger hits at high speeds. I wonder if your front shocks need to be rebuilt? Even with all of the preload off there is still only about 2" of sag in my front end, maybe a bit more with me on the sled.

Metallicat, this was on my apex er i had last year w/ 1300 miles on it. i was thinking of my wifes 07' vector gt to flatten the corners. im just getting info for the future as she hasnt even rode it yet. so far i have shimmed the skis and put shaper bars on it. try that way first maybe. thanks

CENA, did your friend buy this at Port Yam? If so, I was looking at the same one, would have bought it but it was gone a week later. The only negative I have with the LTX is added weight over the GT or ER.

No, he got it at TA Motorsports in Francis Creek. Was the last one. They do have some 08 Nytro leftovers available yet.

your friend is serious lucky i live in canada and i wanted to get a left over 08 vector the best the dealer could do was 11,700$cdn :o| if i could have found a 08 vector ltx for that price i would have jumped on it. so i decided to get a second hand rs rage. :4STroke:

Yes, I thought that was an excellent price too! He was going to buy the RS Vector standard 08' left over for $100.00 less, but it sold the day he called to buy it. The dealer told him he had the LTX available, so he bought that. Hope he likes it. He will be the only guy out there with a Ski Doo jacket on a yamaha!

haha my father still shakes his head when we walks into the building and sees my two yamaha s sitting there. He has been riding ski doo since he was 15 he doesn t understand what he did wrond for me to be riding yamaha's haha :4STroke:

Back