• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lanaudiere, Quebec ride report, great conditions

towing

Expert
We started from Joliette (not far from St-Laurent River) with good trail condition, we passed at St-Félix de Valois...

dsc04216.jpg

We then go north by the 341 trail to St-Jean de Matha . No problem to cross the Black River near Gero BRP dealer

dsc04217.jpg

At next intersection, we kept the 341 trail to go to St-Côme. This trail is very good with few scenic views...

dsc04218.jpg

dsc04219.jpg

Here is an other river, no problem !

dsc04221.jpg

A little bit farther, the trail had changed place from the past years for really better. The trail is really good with excellent snow cover..

dsc04310.jpg

With a scenic view point indicated on the side of the trail...

dsc04311.jpg

Just after this scenic view, there is a pretty steep hill !!! When we reached the bottom, i was tempted to make a u-turn just for the fun to climb it but my wife behind give me me a slap on the helmet so we continued :tg:

dsc04310.jpg

Just after St-Côme, we took the #43 trail in Notre-Dame de la Merci direction. Here is a view with the Val St-Côme ski center in background

dsc04312.jpg

Just after that we arrived at the legendary suspended bridge...

dsc04313.jpg

dsc04314.jpg

On the other side of the bridge, the NDM snowmobile club did a great job and we had a beautiful fresh groomed trail, rate 11/10 !!!
At Notre-Dame de la Merci we took St-Donat direction. The NDM snowmobile club team was in action building a new little bridge to improve their trails.... Great!!!!

dsc04315.jpg

We continued in great trail condition to St-Donat. We were surprised to see that the "Cuillere a Pot" restaurant is not open this year ??? so we continu and went directly in St-Donat .There are not may places to lunch directly on the trail side but snowmobiles are allowed to go downtown on the side of the road from 7:00 to 22:00, what we did without problem. After lunch, we get back on the trail and went in Montagne noire (Black Mountain) direction by the lake. The sky got very cloudy which is bad for pictures but i can tell you that the lake was like a big beautiful highway, perfect...

dsc04316.jpg

We climbed up to the Montagne Noire top that was white a little but not as much as what we had seen before but it was still beautiful. The birds that are usually very friendly were pretty independent. They propably got a good treat from the snowmobilers before us.
We didn't take pictures because it was too cloudy and it was snowing a little. I will show you few last year pictures of this place when it was really frosted...

dsc02710.jpg

dsc02710.jpg

dsc02711.jpg

I ended my ride report here, our trail condition are at their top actually so if you have your chance to come here in Lanaudiere area don't miss it, you won't regret it ;)!

Bye
Alain

I was there on the weekend. (St Agathe, St Donat)

Very twisty!!!

Lots of blind corners and very busy with inexperienced riders in some cases (rentals)

Nice scenery though (if you take your time)

Back