• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for feedback from 39" Skinz SPG Concept A-Arm o

ArcticWhite

Veteran
Before dropping $1000 on a set of a-arms, I really want to know if they drastically improve carving and sidehilling like Skinz claims.

I know they sold a bunch of these spring order, yet I only see comments from a couple owners on this forum and on other popular sled forums.

Could owners post up their experience with mountain riding the 39" version of these a-arms?

Thanks!

Re: Looking for feedback from 39" Skinz SPG Concept A-A

ArcticWhite said:
Before dropping $1000 on a set of a-arms, I really want to know if they drastically improve carving and sidehilling like Skinz claims.

I know they sold a bunch of these spring order, yet I only see comments from a couple owners on this forum and on other popular sled forums.

Could owners post up their experience with mountain riding the 39" version of these a-arms?

Thanks!

I wonder how many people even have them yet. I ordered mine at the end of October and they are scheduled to come January 2nd. Skinz also posted they are not taking orders for anything until February. People on snowest are saying they are waiting for air boards too.

I've had a few rides and can tell you that I have a completely different sled. I've been playing in fields of 4-5 ft of snow. Great base with 2 ft of fresh on top. No hills yet, just boondocking

Late last year I got rid of the Camoplasttrack and got the CE 153 2.5. This year, I replaced the suspension with Timbersled and front end with Skinz A-arms and did that at the same time. I am very happy.

This machine rolls on it's side easily and carves much differently the stock IMO. In the past, when carving in a tight slow turn I would have trouble with the front end "piggering" into the snow and getting stuck. The front end was more or less unpredictably. Now, it seems as if I can throttle out and keep the front end up in the air and stay in the turn. I don't know how much I attribute to the suspension and track vs the front end but steering does seem much more responsive in all conditions

The ride on the trail seems a bit more tippy but not much. To be expected without the sway bar and narrower stance. I bought this for off trail anyhow. I am running Fox Float 2's.

I bought my A-arms through Yamaha and the product support with Yamaha and Skinz with the potential heim joint failure has been outstanding so far.

ruffryder said:
beeze455 said:
Jesus, that thread is scary. I paid 1800 for this setup, so I really hope this kit holds together.
yes it is. I wonder what the fix is going to be.

You can read the full thread here without being a paying member. http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/arch ... 91627.html

in a nutshell, skinz got some badly delivered heim joints that brake very easily. Scary, they have a fix by switching manufactures. I guess I will need to make sure i get the updated joints!

I ordered at my local dealer through WPS. Where did everybody else order?

I got mine hrough my dealer and had them do the install when they did my turbo. I have only been out once and everything held together fine. We put on 41 miles of mostly trail riding, but we did do some rough forest service road runs, log crossing etc.

I don't know what to think. I see a few guys are having issues but I also wonder how many others are riding without issues. I know there is now way in hell that I would get replacement heim joints by new years, so I guess I will just throw the stock arms in the trailer and go ride.

Yeah,

I have the Skinz front end on my sled, but not finished putting the tunnel on, so no rides yet. Since it's such a slow start to the snow season, we are definitely lacking test pilot feedback, and I would like to see alot more.

I have been on the SW Skinz Hiem joint failure post since the beginning, and there is definitely an issue, but also a solution. If you haven't been notified by your dealer, make sure you contact them. I bought from OFT, and the guys were great. Skinz is replacing the lower heim joints on all of the Concept front end and distributing DIRECTLY to customers, to make sure everyone has the updated joints..

I would just confirm with whoever sold you the Skinz Concept front suspension to make sure your in the loop on the updates.

BTW, Merry Christmas everyone, and happy holidays

OTM

Are you running stock skis?

LuckydawgAK said:
I've had a few rides and can tell you that I have a completely different sled. I've been playing in fields of 4-5 ft of snow. Great base with 2 ft of fresh on top. No hills yet, just boondocking

Late last year I got rid of the Camoplasttrack and got the CE 153 2.5. This year, I replaced the suspension with Timbersled and front end with Skinz A-arms and did that at the same time. I am very happy.

This machine rolls on it's side easily and carves much differently the stock IMO. In the past, when carving in a tight slow turn I would have trouble with the front end "piggering" into the snow and getting stuck. The front end was more or less unpredictably. Now, it seems as if I can throttle out and keep the front end up in the air and stay in the turn. I don't know how much I attribute to the suspension and track vs the front end but steering does seem much more responsive in all conditions

The ride on the trail seems a bit more tippy but not much. To be expected without the sway bar and narrower stance. I bought this for off trail anyhow. I am running Fox Float 2's.

I bought my A-arms through Yamaha and the product support with Yamaha and Skinz with the potential heim joint failure has been outstanding so far.

It's interesting that I can't find even a whisper about this problem on TY4Stroke. It is also obvious from above posts that people are finding out about this problem from forums, and not exclusively the suppliers.

Scary stuff.

I read the whole thread on snowest. Actually i had to pay for premium membership to view all posts..

Anyone who can confirm if the new heim joints are holding up? Is that the final fix that is being shipped out? Or just something that is beleived to work?

Thanks

I finally got mine installed last week, but will not be able to ride till next weekend. It will be neat to compare side by side. Mine is Skinz front end, with Timbersled rear(last year). Picking up my son's new 2011 SE on WED. NO he will not get the mods that my sled has. I get boost before he gets mods. Except a OFT Rollover kit and a trailtank.

Back