• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking for sand conversion kit

srxpert

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 viper
Ok heres the scoop.I have a job offer over in Dubai for 2 years.My employer said that they will ship all my stuff over here.I asked them even my sled?(strangest look ive ever seen).Anyway,Ive heard there a company out there that makes sand conversions kits for yamaha snowmobiles.I tried searching the internet but it sucks over hear in Dubai.Has anyone heard of these kits or has a better search engine please let me know.my new job may be riding on this one thing.Ive asked over here but most people hear dont speak english.Thanks Shane

How do they keep sliders on that?? they would burn off in 2 minutes or less?

There is a kit that converts the whole sled into a ATV.. that would be better, i would think anyways

that radiator looked like it was off a truck, they must run different wheels on the back somehow, but now that the picture downloaded the wheels seem stock

WOW! this looks like fun!!!

But how do you keep sand out of the bearings/bushings and everything else thats probably the worse challenge, even your engines intake...its got to be a lot of MAINTENANCE! but it must be a heck of a thrill to ride in those sand dune's.

They probably use wheels on the skid, and don't use slides. Seals on bearings will keep sand out.

Wheels, replacing skis, radiator, and wheels in the back, and you're good to go.

I'm sure several of our talented members could convert a sled for sand.

I've seen a couple sled converted over in atv magazines drag racing quads in the sand dunes.

jkenosh said:
a guy i was going to buy parts for a apex from took the motor from the apex and is attempting to put it in a rhino

Now that sounds like something I would be interested in. Keep me posted on his progress..

Back