• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Most of you are saying it's the best handleing mountian sled

I'm reading all the posts here about happy owners saying it's the best hanleing mountian sled ever made, carves the easiest from any sled ever. I'm just wondering, is it even better than a polaris IQ as far as handleing in deep snow? I know I rented a rev, and in 4 feet of powder I found it HARD to carve with? Then jumped on my buddys 06 700 IQ, and it was heaven, just amazing. I didn't know there was a sled that carved that nicely. So how's the nitro compare to a polaris IQ chassie?

ive only been on mine a couple of times, it does carve extreamly well, i cant compare to polaris as i havent ridden one, i think the height of the nytro lets it fall over easy so easy that i fell off several times before learning whats its all about, its a fun sled so far

It does handle well. I rode my Dads 800 Dragon and it's a toss up. If I wanted a sled that was stable when hillclimbing in the ruts and I would pick it. The Nytro is hard to get used to but in the trees is were it shines. But I will say the Nytro needs a track and some boost before it will climb and react the way it should for the mountains right now I have to carry a crapload of seed so I don't stick it.

Sounds good so far, as long as it carves easier than a rev, quite a bit easier. I always thought this would be the sled for me, but then I started reading about it being almost exacly like a rev, if that's the case, I'm stuck.

Powder Pounder said:
Sounds good so far, as long as it carves easier than a rev, quite a bit easier. I always thought this would be the sled for me, but then I started reading about it being almost exacly like a rev, if that's the case, I'm stuck.

Its easier than the REV. I've had two buddies, both on REV 800s that say the FX Nytro handles really nice. Easy to control and turn in the powder. You won't have any regrets.

Met up with two "old" dudes one named cliff incredable riders running an 07 xrs with heavy mods rode the nyro with supercharger only he was in the yami shop today looking to make a deal FWIW

I have an M-Series and have thought about the Nytro Mountain. I don't know if it would handle better than my M-Series but it sure is a nice sled. I think the FI 4 Stroke is the way to go for sleds.... thats why I still have my Apex.

The IQ chassis is such a nice one to carve with. i rode a nytro for about 2 minutes and it was extremely easy to carve with but the IQ is just....awesome.

SoCoRX1 said:
The IQ chassis is such a nice one to carve with. i rode a nytro for about 2 minutes and it was extremely easy to carve with but the IQ is just....awesome.

This just proves that "different strokes for different folks" applies....I can't stay on a Poo IQ for more than 5 minutes to save my life! I always end up falling off.

Put me on a REV or my Nytro, though, and I'll carve with the best of them!! And, especially my Nytro, I can do it all day and not get exhausted.

Butta said:
SoCoRX1 said:

This just proves that "different strokes for different folks" applies....I can't stay on a Poo IQ for more than 5 minutes to save my life! I always end up falling off.

Put me on a REV or my Nytro, though, and I'll carve with the best of them!! And, especially my Nytro, I can do it all day and not get exhausted.

Yeah, I was hopeing it would be close to the IQ, I know it won't be identical, but hopfully close, if yamaha can put a bigger tank on it, and some other small things, I know for a fact it'll be my next sled, I wish we had a place to rent them, I'd like to test one out.

Rides like a REV only it has more foot room, so probably a lot like the XP.

I rode an 800R last year and it pulls just as hard as that machine, but it has way more top end speed, I could never keep up with my dads mxz 700 short track in a field before now I have no trouble at all. Oh and I am comparing the machine prior to the MCXpress kit.

I am very impressed and after riding 2 strokes all my life I will never go back. Everyone that rides this machine will want one IMO! :4STroke:

I have ridden a Nytro MTX and my wife owns an IQ 900 with 2" riser, SLP can, BOSS seat and PPD skis. They are fairly even in handeling with both being too easy for me to throw over (used to the weight of my SCRX-1). Anybody that has problems staying on an IQ chassis; needs to try one with the BOSS seat (it isn't as slick as the stocker). I fell off the wife's sled all the time until I bought her the BOSS Highrise Flat Top.

If I had the coin to buy right now; my pick would be a Nytro MTX with 162" track and a MPI SC kit. Since I don't have the money; My SCRX-1 fits the bill just fine.

Jim

Back