• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain Performance Nytro Exhaust?

billymx815

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SXV Venom, RTX Nytro, SR Viper RTX SE
Has anyone seen or installed the new Mountain Peformance slip on exhaust silencer? It looks nice as they have taken an Areo Turbine muffler and fabricated a mid pipe so the stock hole can be used. Mountain Performance is claiming an 11lbs reduction but an increase of about 11db but no claims of HP gains. They are selling it for just over $300.00US which seems very resonable but I wanted to know if any of you guys have tried one out.
I cant seem to make up my mind between an AAEN, Hauck, Excell, MBRP, Barkers, or Mountain Perfromance silencer and the snow is quickly approaching...Need to pull the trigger soon...Please help me make up my mind!!! :drink: [/quote]

Please add your location to your profile, per site rules.
thx

You da man! Welcome aboard! Thanks!

FX Nytro

I have the Excell header but to be honest I don't care for the excell silencer. It looks huge coming out the back and from the install instructions it appears as though you need to buy there plastic molding or modify your stock one...I'm really looking for something that will maintain a stock look but have a mod sound...

Thanks RX-1 Cowboy & Heath

I have heard that the MPI exhaust is easy to install which is a plus for sure...Thanks RX-1 Cowboy.
5hp seems about right out of a slip on silencer and would be a nice addition to my excell header.
So I've narrowed it down to the MPI slip on or the Barker slip on...I'll be calling both places Monday...

I really like my Skinz Super Q silencer and they were very quick to help with any questions or issues. Nice sound and really has a nice bark when you get on it. They have sound clips of stock and with the Super Q on their web site.

Thanks Nitousman 1...I checked it out and it does have a sweet sound...Crap this is going to be a harder decision then I thought. :drink:

Gut your stock one. I'm runnin a excell header with my stock muffler but my stock muffler is gutted. It's got a nice bark to it and you keep your stock look :letsnow:

Installed an MPI pipe last spring just before the end of season and had it out a few times. I have some sound clips up on photobucket if anyone is interested in seeing them. Send some video/sound clips to MPI as well, but I haven't seen them up on the MPI site yet.

My feedback:

Light! 4 pounds vs. 13 on the stocker. ;)!

Loud! - yes, it is loud. It was quieter at first, but by the end of 2 days riding, a bunch of the packing fibers seemed to shoot out the back and it became even louder. I asked Heath at MPI whether this was normal, but never heard back about it. :o|

Sound? - Sweet. Might be a little loud, but it sounds sweet. :Rockon:

Power? - Yes please. I noticed some extra snap after putting it on. Can't quantify, but it was noticeable to me.

Let me know if anyone wants a link to the clips..

Cheers!

Otherthan,
Good feedback...Thanks. I took a listen to your sound clips and it is a sweet sound. Everyone seems to be making good stuff these days which makes it hard to decide what muffler to go with. Atleast i'm sighting in on a final decision thanks to the feedback on this sight... ;)!

Back