• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Phazer FX mods so far

uncaged

Just thought I'd show off my versions of mod ideas that you guys have come up with in the first place!

Flipped the speedo bracket upside down, ground out some clearance channels for the windshield bracket.

Uni Vent air box pods. Radiator screen.

Front skid idler wheels, used the idlers from a 96 vmax skid, and fabricated the rod to hold the bearings, limiter strap, etc.

Toe hold caps. I hated the hole, it looked unfinished. If anyone wants some, I have lots, can mail a pair out for $10. let me know.

Unseen, I played with the secondary shims, and ground off the 3 nubs to let it open more.

Attachments

• IMGP3925.JPG
    IMGP3925.JPG
    446.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMGP3923.JPG
    IMGP3923.JPG
    535.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMGP3920.JPG
    IMGP3920.JPG
    462.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMGP3919.JPG
    IMGP3919.JPG
    398.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMGP3918.JPG
    IMGP3918.JPG
    485.1 KB · Views: 110

speedo mount

Great ideas, can we see some more pics of the speedo mount? i would like to do that to mine also.

thanks jim

You had to bend the speedo mount correct? Hartman has a nice aluminum relocation bracket. I have thought about that one......

To be honest, I put the airbox vents in before I ever rode it (except from the truck to the garage) so I don't know what (if any) difference there is. It sure sounds like it's breathing though,

I'll see if I can get any more pics of the speedo mount. To get the angle right, you do have to bend it up. Also, the (FX) windshield bracket has 2 uprights that land right on the outside edges of the speedo bracket when you flip it. They hit and don't allow the windshield bracket to fit back flush with the riser. I trimmed the bracket in a little with a grinder, then painted with flat black tractor paint.

*EDIT*
Here's a couple pics if the speedo mount, kinda hard to see with everything in the way, but...<shrug>

Also, today the exhaust was added. It's a carbon fiber Laser canister that I scored off ebay for $27.! Sounds awesome on the lift. We'll see when it gets into the 8-9K RPM range. Hope it's not too loud.

Attachments

• IMGP3926.JPG
    IMGP3926.JPG
    499.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMGP3927.JPG
    IMGP3927.JPG
    422.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMGP3928.JPG
    IMGP3928.JPG
    462.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMGP3929.JPG
    IMGP3929.JPG
    491.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMGP3930.JPG
    IMGP3930.JPG
    447.1 KB · Views: 119
uncaged said:
Just thought I'd show off my versions of mod ideas that you guys have come up with in the first place!

Flipped the speedo bracket upside down, ground out some clearance channels for the windshield bracket.

Uni Vent air box pods. Radiator screen.

Front skid idler wheels, used the idlers from a 96 vmax skid, and fabricated the rod to hold the bearings, limiter strap, etc.

Toe hold caps. I hated the hole, it looked unfinished. If anyone wants some, I have lots, can mail a pair out for $10. let me know.

Unseen, I played with the secondary shims, and ground off the 3 nubs to let it open more.

nice ;)!

Did some more: drilled holes in the floor boards to allow the snow to fall through the grips. Funny, from the pics the holes look off center, but it must just be the perspective.

Made some torsion spring anti-bottoming blocks. They are actually delrin rod that I drilled and pressed the tee nuts into. Bolt goes in from the backside. Wanted to get a clean look for them. Could make more if anyone is interested.

:beer:

Attachments

• IMGP3932.JPG
    IMGP3932.JPG
    509.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMGP3931.JPG
    IMGP3931.JPG
    480.1 KB · Views: 112
u do know the anti bottoming rollers are suspose to roll right? the was u decribe them they dont. also anything much smaller then 1 1/2 isnt goin to make a differance. i had 1 3/4 and they worked but bearly and also rubbed the top of my spring slides. if anything a shock revalve is by far the best mod i can do and im sure u can find some one to do them for around 40 bucks a shock. well thats around why my boss does them for and he made my shocks night and day. the yamaha KYB shocks are pretty much just a on/off valve in side. thats why small bumps u get kicked but still bottom on big bumps. i can actualy feel my suspention go from soft to hard about a 1/3 to 1/2 way threw the travel. also a progressive srping on teh front track shocks makes a bigge differance. a stock spring off a fusion is one of the better ones u can use. it is slightly softer then the stock phazer spring in small bumps and 30-50% stiffer when it gets threw most of its travel.

Are they supposed to roll? Why? The Yamaha kit has stationary, square aluminum blocks. Also, the front spring mount doesn't roll. With a hard, round, plastic stop, the torsion spring arm should lever around that fulcrum point without much issue, no? See also:
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/i ... pic=277601

Oh, I'm gonna revalve those shocks probably this summer. Trying to do little mods now so that I can keep riding.

the springs is not only moveing down is moving forward. if the stop is stationary the spring will just ware into it and it being such a small area( unlike the large area of the actual slides farther up) it will ware extreamly fast. the area on the front spring slides area porbaly 100 to 200 times biger then the contact area of ur anti bottoming stops. after time they will ware in and become closed to the contact area but u are also increasing the friction which will can cause binding even tho it may be unnoticable. even my rollers had a ware spot around the out side from getting iced up and being held from spinning freely. i only had them on for a few hundred miles and u could feel the grove cut all the way around.

i see ur from souther vermont. how far south are u. my work is about a 20 mins from the boarder in NA mass. would prolly be a quick turn around if u sent them.

well you are very close if you are in North Adams, I'm in Bennington.

Do you do the shock revalving? How much? I could just drop them right off.

my boss does them. i work at south side sales. he has a race team and does all his own shocks and he is definate a master when it comes to shocks. u could drop them off if u wanted wouldnt be a problem. we are goin to be getting real bussy in the next few weeks so the sooner the better unless u want to wait till mid summer. were goin to be getting a flood of lawnmowers in for service. plus all the snowmobiles that people want summerized. he charges around 45 or 50 bucks plus parts a shock depending on if they are resivored or not. all u have to do is tell him what its doin and what u want it to do. also how offten ur bottoming and so on. also a fusion front track shock spring makes a big differance. its a dule rate. i dont know how much they are that is somthing ud have to check.

Back