• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW SLED NOT A FOUR CYLINDER!!!

MR.HAPPY

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
YAMAHA
Just got done reading Chris's email blast, news letter & the way he worded some of his info makes me think this might not be four cylinder after all!
He said they wanted people to ride it before they knew what it was so they were surprised when they hear & see what it really is! They didn't want us to speculate that just because its a ( ? ) it is under powered, slow or a big mistake! They wanted us to hear all good & how much more powerfull it feels first! What if the 4 exhaust pipes are two coming off one cylinder & this thing is a twin or something?
Just maybe this thing is much lighter & is a game changer!!!

http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/

:drink:

BR

I would go with the Vector GT LTX with a turbo, power steering and new skies. The reason I don't think it is an Apex is because why would they not bring a GT model to the Hurley and if you look at the pictures someone posted on here it has the turn dial on it and the GT model for the Apex is controlled on the handle bar electronically. Why would they go backwards from electronic control to a turn it yourself system.

I rode it and it is defently a 4 cylinder and is at least 25lbs lighter! Thank god I do not like big twins other guys are building they belong on a generators not high performance snowmobiles!

COLDONE said:
Just got done reading Chris's email blast, news letter & the way he worded some of his info makes me think this might not be four cylinder after all!
He said they wanted people to ride it before they knew what it was so they were surprised when they hear & see what it really is! They didn't want us to speculate that just because its a ( ? ) it is under powered, slow or a big mistake! They wanted us to hear all good & how much more powerfull it feels first! What if the 4 exhaust pipes are two coming off one cylinder & this thing is a twin or something?
Just maybe this thing is much lighter & is a game changer!!!

http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/

:drink:

BR

I don't get that when I read that blog...

rvtransport said:
I rode it and it is defently a 4 cylinder and is at least 25lbs lighter! Thank god I do not like big twins other guys are building they belong on a generators not high performance snowmobiles!

I went from the Apex to the new 2010 Vector and that is the exact feeling I have between the two of them is the weight difference and engine placement. Maybe they opened the motor up on the Vector to get some more RPMS.

quote,

The whole point was to have them ride the sled and comment on what they (actually felt) not what they (assumed it should feel like which often happens once you are given all the mechanical specs and features)

If they tell you it has less cylinders you think the worst!!!

HHMMMMMM........

BR

I looked under tunnel and swore I seen 4 pipes. It wasn't easy to see with all the slush and snow, but I'm pretty sure it was 4 into one. Starting to second guess myself now.

Dan

i think you will see yamaha get rid of the 4 holer and all the sleds willl be 3 holers making the same if not more power than the 4. think about it, 3 holes is a narrower motor with less rotating mass. if you can get the same power in a smaller lighter weight package who wouldnt want it??????? it only makes sense because you only need 1 block and 1 head . HUGE cost savings. i am sure yamaha could squeeze another 20 to 30 HP with the same reliabilty with only 3 holes. BUT the turbo thing aint gonna happen, not with yamaha. if it did it would be a first! :4STroke:

rvtransport said:

double post. Is it 2-2-10 yet. :Rockon:

Dont forget the 3cyl engine does not turn much past 8500 rpm. Everyone who has ridden the prototype is saying they saw 9900-10000rpm. That's 4cyl territory. The 3cyl was never designed to run that kind of rpm, it would be way beyond it's power peak.

Either way, I figure it will be a huge surprise when they release the new sled, or it will be a complete disappointment...that or something in between.

rydblue said:
Dont forget the 3cyl engine does not turn much past 8500 rpm. Everyone who has ridden the prototype is saying they saw 9900-10000rpm. That's 4cyl territory. The 3cyl was never designed to run that kind of rpm, it would be way beyond it's power peak.

I would say it could run at 10,000 easily. The motorcycle engine runs @ 18,000rpms. I think there is room for it to go if they wanted to make it that way.

rydblue said:

The Yamaha Race Nytro motor pulls 10,500 for RPM's....

Back