• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

newbie 2006 rs venture

1roadking

I JUST BOUGHT A 2006 YAMAHA VENTURE RS AND IT IS MY 1ST SLED. I REALLY LIKE IT, BUT NEED SOME HELP SETTING UP THE SUSPENSION. I AM 300LBS AND WILL BE FREQUENTLY RIDING WITH A 80 TO 100 LBS CHILD ON THE BACK. I SET ALL MY SUSPENSION TO THE STIFFEST SETTINGS AND THE REAR IS STILL SAGGING, SHOULD I TURN THE TWO UP BLOCKS TO 2 TWO UP AND LEAVE IT THAT WAY? HOW SHOULD I SET THE PRELOAD ON THE FRONT? I WILL BE RIDING IN NH ON MOSTLY ROUGH GROOMED TRAILS AND FIELDS. SOME LAKES, BUT INFREQUENT. I HAVE THE FRONT SET AT MAX PROLOAD AND IT FEELS OK BUT STEERS TERRIBLY WHEN RIDING TWO UP TWO UP. HELLLLLLLLP. THE TRACK ROAR IS AWFUL AND THE CLUTCH MAKES A RACKET. I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS WRONG UNTIL I FOUND THE INFO ON THIS SITE. THE SLED ONLY HAD 83 MILES ON IT AND I STOLE IT FOR $4750 PRIVATE SALE. STORED IN A GARAGE ALMOST MINT CONDITION. THANKS FOR ANY HELP. THIS SITE IS REALLY COOL AND WICKED INFORMATIVE.

i was talkin to my buddy at the dealership and he says you should get the clutch cleaned yearly but i think he just wants the service work. But keeping your clutch clean will extend clutch life. the motors are awsome. your steering will always be poor with stock yamaha skis i got a 05 rs rage and put on kimpex arrow skis from royal distributing in Barry ONT greatest investment in handling for me. Maybe bigger carbides with more carbide might help but if u do alot or riding i would throw the stock skis. Another good ski is the ski doo skis ski doo had before there pilot 5.7 there were a few guys on here saying they installed them and found them great. But thats up to you. Track howl will always be there i have no idea how to fix it . Happy sledding and enjoy your 2006 rs venture. For your suspension i would change one thing at a time and see how it handles take it for a ride then change something else and so forth till you have it set to your preferences. keep tuning and playing and u should find the sweet spot where your comfortable

welcome, i've got an 06 venture bought new have 7500 miles on it, i run woodys slim jim 6in.carbides, shimmed the stock ski's front shock pre load is at the middle setting,you should probbly be running the rear overloads in the up postion, as far as the track roar replace all the idler wheels with aftermarket kimpex wheels, i dont have the part # rite here but go check out hondos post that'll answer all your questions, have fun

Back