• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No Laughing.... I need help ..... extra bolts

SERPAGS

Expert
So I put 3/4 of the sld back together and I am left with 2 bolts. 10mm (the gold color material like the reverse shifter) 6 gaugewith washer. I have not seen any other bolt on the sled this color and I do not remember removing them, hence did not replace.

I did an oil change, donuts, slides, carbides..you name it. Not the first time I take the sled this far apart.

I know its dumb to ask, but seeing as how they are not the normal black or green/gray color, I was hoping someone could, by fluke, guide me in the proper direction. i thought I would throw it our here.

almost sounds like a crate bolt.
Take it to your dealer and see if they will verify that it is a crate bolt from set up. Someone probably droped it in there during set up and you just found it taking the sled apart.

Tod

Tod said:
almost sounds like a crate bolt.
Take it to your dealer and see if they will verify that it is a crate bolt from set up. Someone probably droped it in there during set up and you just found it taking the sled apart.

Tod

Hmmmm, that would be really sick. The sled has 5000 kms, you would think they would have fallen off be4. Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmm.

crate bolts are like you described. I used to have a bucket full when I worked at a dealership. that is why I say take it to the dealer and see if they say that it is a crate bolt.

Gold in color and the washer does not come off the bolt. Uses a 10mm socket = crate bolt

kinda tough to get one into the sled but its been awile since I set anything up.

Like said above - post a pic.

Tod

Tod said:
crate bolts are like you described. I used to have a bucket full when I worked at a dealership. that is why I say take it to the dealer and see if they say that it is a crate bolt.

Gold in color and the washer does not come off the bolt. Uses a 10mm socket = crate bolt

kinda tough to get one into the sled but its been awile since I set anything up.

Like said above - post a pic.

Tod

Thats exactly the description !!!

Dan: will take pics in 5 minutes, just finishing up my chinese spare ribs...:)

Not a create bolt. When I put my 07 Attak together a month ago all the create bolts were shinny silver and no washer.

Did you remember to put the front bolts back on the muffler cover? Those are two 10.0mm socket size (6mm) bolts that are not grey. I just can't remember if they are gold. Also there are some bolts, same size that bolt the rear trim piece on around the rear grab handle. You install them from inside the tunnel. There are four total, two on each side check those locations.

Got Apex RTX? said:
Did you remember to put the front bolts back on the muffler cover? Those are two 10.0mm socket size (6mm) bolts that are not grey. I just can't remember if they are gold. Also there are some bolts, same size that bolt the rear trim piece on around the rear grab handle. You install them from inside the tunnel. There are four total, two on each side check those locations.

checked, they are there, not them...

Shivesy said:
Not a create bolt. When I put my 07 Attak together a month ago all the create bolts were shinny silver and no washer.

Dam, well like I said its been awhile since I put anything new together.....probably 1989......lol

here are the pics

Attachments

• IMG_2643.JPG
    IMG_2643.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2644.JPG
    IMG_2644.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2645.JPG
    IMG_2645.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 53

Back