• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not impressed with 2011 top speed numbers

Blackapexse

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex se
Just got back from old forge and had alot of time to run the lakes. I could not get over 105mph on speedo. 2011 apex se, ice ripper track, everything else stock. Exup was adjusted perfect. I was running neck and neck with my brothers 03 rx1. Weak!

sounds like his clutching is spot on and you need to adjust yours.

‘03 Rx1 had a 1” nipple track stock. Although they pretty much sucked traction wise, those sleds would pull pretty impressive top end numbers when set up correctly. Conditions are everything when it comes to top speed. A little bit of loose snow and you can forget about running an impressive top speed.

Big top end numbers don't come easy and usually not for free.
Our Apexs are especially sensitive to trail conditions and the big numbers come on ice.
Belts, bushings, clutch alignment, chain and track tension, gearing , ski and suspension alignment, front limiter strap length, track lug height, shift RPM and weight profile, ect ect ect all come into play
I am always amused, when we are out on rides, when I hand a "Dream Crusher" GPS to a rider that boasts they have a 110+mph sled and they comes back with numbers under 100mph
LOL...always makes my day.

Big top end numbers don't come easy and usually not for free.
Our Apexs are especially sensitive to trail conditions and the big numbers come on ice.
Belts, bushings, clutch alignment, chain and track tension, gearing , ski and suspension alignment, front limiter strap length, track lug height, shift RPM and weight profile, ect ect ect all come into play
I am always amused, when we are out on rides, when I hand a "Dream Crusher" GPS to a rider that boasts they have a 110+mph sled and they comes back with numbers under 100mph
LOL...always makes my day.
Bob, was do you find is the 'sweet' spot for the Apex RPM? I've never owned one, but tested and drove plenty. Seemed to like 10400-10700

I have a customers 12 Apex xtx here. I installed the D&D airhorn kit with power commander and some bullseyes in the airbox as per the test at Dynotech research a few years back that produced good results. A couple neighbours have 800's and 850's. If we get a bit more snow in our fields, I'll post drag race results.
Black - the 11 and up Apex's were known to be lean on top fuel and gave up some hp because of this.

‘03 Rx1 had a 1” nipple track stock. Although they pretty much sucked traction wise, those sleds would pull pretty impressive top end numbers when set up correctly. Conditions are everything when it comes to top speed. A little bit of loose snow and you can forget about running an impressive top speed.

hey bro - I was hitting 173/174 (not gps) Saturday in haliburton on the lakes (near Nels'). Lakes were mint.

hey bro - I was hitting 173/174 (not gps) Saturday in haliburton on the lakes (near Nels'). Lakes were mint.
I’m a little Jealous bud. I was playing Dad taxi all weekend, and will be working next weekend.
I couldn’t pull any decent top end numbers up in Cochrane the week before, but the temp wasn’t great and the trails were soft. My shift RPM was a lower than I’d like to see it as well. Need some time and decent conditions to test with.

My ‘11 XTX is happy around 10600-10700, but I’m not stock either. How many 11+ Apes have you played with Bob, and in what states of tune?

Back to back runs last weekend on my 11 Apex and 08 Apex. Both on a lake. 11 is a 128 track ,the 08 is a 136 track. 11' did 95 max at full throttle for at least 200 yards. 08 Apex hit 114 with some throttle left and still pulling when I let off. My 11 can't touch my 08 anywhere in the power range, but I like it a lot more with the power steering and raised WRP seat. 08 handles better with the pilot 5.9 ski's.

Here are dyno results from D & D on a '12 Apex. The short stacks made the biggest improvement with max HP coming in at 10,831 rpms. Bone Stock was at 10,114 rpms with 151.1 hp.

I run pc5. And ignition modual and clutching. Airbox mod. Gutted exuast on a 2011 xtx I'm 300 pounds dressed not to many other apex can catch me till out past 660

Back