• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro gear down 18/40

jp87

I've got a nytro xtx and I recently put a 1.75 back country track on it, I also geared down to 19/39. I'm just still not overly impressed with it. All my riding is off trail. I would like to have more bottom pull and have the front pop up easier. Any thoughts out there on 18/40 gearing. Top speed isn't a main goal for me. Thanks

I run 20/40 on mine with super Rats and full Hindle. Gobs of bottom end. Wheelies very easy.

Run 18/40 on mtx with 7 tooth 3" drivers and top out at 90. It's a screamer. I prefer the 2040 for my flat land elevation for pull and throttle response.

what clutching are you running?
I have stock gearing with ulmer clutching and my xtx has 0 problems getting the front end way off the ground

I've got a Hauck clutch kit. It has adjustable primary weights and it also came with a secondary spring and a new helix. Clutching seems to be fine, off the line I hit about 8700. It could have to do with suspention set up too but I've tried everything. Just doing some reading here and the star suspention mod sounds interesting just not sure if it will help me get more ski lift

You mention suspension set up, how is yours set up? I have my rear suspension set for near max weight transfer, springs on soft, limiter strap in stock location, front shock at factory setting, and it wheelies like crazy!

Rear skid front shock I have it pretty much as hard as it can be. The middle one is soft and the transfer rods have the plastic nuts as low as they can go on the rods. The front suspention is at about 2/3 pre load with the nut

Back