• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

POSITIVE CRANKCASE VENTILATION

hustler900

I have been looking at the pcv systems for automobiles and it looks like the pcv line usually runs from the crankcase and connects to the intake manifold AFTER the throttle body. I would imagine that this setup would create more vaccum throug the vent hose than a vent hose connected to the intake before the throttle bodies, and because of the higher air flow, would prevent the freezing problems that many of us seem to face. Has anyone tried this? I would imagine that this vent would have to be distributed equally between all the intake manifolds. Am I missing something here? Let me know your thoughts. -Chris

I'm afraid that you are indeed missing something. Don't use the PCV valve for its intended purpose. Use strictly as a water and condensation drain for the evacuation system. This helps you not have to remember to drain the evac after long rides.

Back