• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Posted Labor Rates

Simplespeed

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex , 2017 Sidewinder LTX -LE
I found it Interesting that Two Dealers located within five miles of each other had $20.00 per hour difference in labor rates to work on snow machines .. One was $140.00 per hour and the other was $120.00 per hour… Both had higher than one hour minimums also.. One charges $160.00 to write a insurance estimate . These dealers are in Michigan … Just wondering what are the labor rates in other area’s and if they vary much? This is not intended to name any dealers, bash or be crude to anyone so no names please… Next time your better half refers to spending money on your sled you can tell her your saving $130.00 per hour doing the work yourself…. Lol….

still cheaper than up here. i think they are at the $160-180 point up here.

In todays labor world every business is having trouble aquiring and retaining employees....what level of qualified technicians do you think are working on sleds, atvs, boats ect nowadays?
Things that make you go hmmm
For the last 50 years none of my vehicles or motor sport toys have been back at a dealer since I purchased them and they left the lot...I guess i have been fortunate not needing any warranty work and I ignore factory recalls or correct them myself to avoid further problems.

Last edited:
In todays labor world every business is having trouble aquiring and retaining employees....what level of qualified technicians do you think are working on sleds, atvs, boats ect nowadays?
Things that make you go hmmm
For the last 50 years none of my vehicles or motor sport toys have been back at a dealer since I purchased them and they left the lot...I guess i have been fortunate not needing any warranty work and I ignore factory recalls or correct them myself to avoid further problems.
I personally know of a couple of Top Technicians and they are worth every penny and then some, but thats not the normal and I am 100 percent agreement, best to do your own ….

Back