• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power Mad riser

old man winter

Extreme
I know some members have installed these, I'm looking for your opinions on them. 2" riser and it allows you to rotate the bars forward. I know everyone who has the steering relocate loves it but doesn't this do something similar? Can pick it up for $45 so a lot cheaper

old man winter said:
I know some members have installed these, I'm looking for your opinions on them. 2" riser and it allows you to rotate the bars forward. I know everyone who has the steering relocate loves it but doesn't this do something similar? Can pick it up for $45 so a lot cheaper

No the steering relocator does just that it moves the entire post so it comes out of the in a different location. It changes the way it moves vs just adding a riser.

The relocation kit move the bars forward and up by approximately 2". I have the relocation kit with the 2" riser and it works well but I had to put a MTX throttle cable in. (still working on the details as I am getting Code 84).

I'm running the relocator plus the 2.5" lake effect riser. No problem with cables at all. Moved the throdle cable to back of bars like the directions describe. And for the brake cable all I did was reroute the lines to the outside of the rad shroud, this gives a ton of slack. This setup puts the bars in a nice position for a guy who's 6'2". Plus you will be amazed at how much leverage it gives you for pulling the sled from side to side, no effort needed at all.
At least do yourself the favor and relocate!

Everyone will agree, get the relocator! It gives a real natural feeling, with a nice height sitting and standing. I stand a lot more so I threw on the 2.5. I don't think that just an adjustable block could compare to a relocator. Instead of lifting the bars they change it to more of a push pull motion. Plus you get oilite bushings with the kit that takes all of the slop out of the bars. It is one of those things that you have to try and then wonder why you rode without it.

Save your money until you can afford the OFT. You won't regret it, sitting or standing it just makes everything more natural. It is a high quality piece worth every penny and you most likely wont need a riser after install

Oft relocate is simply one of the best upgrades you can get! I run the relocator with the 4 inch lake effect riser an I had to get the mtx cable as well. I'm 5"9 an this set up is perfect for me. Still worth every penny you won't be disappointed

Brad

The mod I like best so far is the yamaheaters with thumboost. I have the relocater also with a 2" Rox riser. for me, this is pretty much a stand up sled, but I like it that way. It helps to throw me clear when I get bucked off.

My last sled was an 09 summit x and although the riser was great for stand up I didn't care for it sitting. It was light enough to steer sitting but poor for shifting your weight side to side. The xtx is good for sitting for me but could be just a bit taller for standing.

Back